werks clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrorich

i saw a ad were werks clutchs are great.WRONG. if your putting it on the savage you need to get a adjustible motor mount so you can slide the motor back.you need a steel clutch bell.the werks clutch comes as a kit $50-$60 and it dose work great it is a 4 shoe setup with just a spring in the middle and it is adjustible.but the bad thing is one the price and two the clutch shoes only last about five to six tanks of fuel.i have been thru abut 14 tanks of fuel and I'm on my 3 set of clutch shoes.I'm gonna go back to the 3 shoe setup it seems to work a bit better and alot cheaper.

ya crash here at the forum was running one and still might be I'm not sure so maybe talk to him about how well it worked out for him..

i have to agree with you on it is a pain to install, with having to get a different motor mount, but it is well worth it. my first set of (carbon shoes) lasted 3 gallons, before i noticed that the pressure plate was hitting the clutch bell - not allowing full clutch engagement. ""FIX"" put all your clutch bell shims on the inside & ""must use a deeper clutch bell"" i'm using this one.... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBL95&P=7

I stopped trying to get my Werks setup to work for me.

its on the shelf~

Mine kept slipping on the collets, couldnt find rite one.

i have to agree with you on it is a pain to install, with having to get a different motor mount, but it is well worth it. my first set of (carbon shoes) lasted 3 gallons, before i noticed that the pressure plate was hitting the clutch bell - not allowing full clutch engagement. ""FIX"" put all your clutch bell shims on the inside & ""must use a deeper clutch bell"" i'm using this one.... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBL95&P=7

that exactly what i mean once the clutch shoes were down the preasure plate hits the inside of the bell i went thru 3 clutch bells i now use a axial 14 vented steel but once the shoes were out I'm going back to a 3 shoe.seeing you cant get parts for a werks clutch other than the shoes

Latest posts

Members online

Back