Weak throttle/brake servo after fna upgrade.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2opony92

I finished the ofna linkage mod and took my savy out for a spin, it ran fine but I noticed the brakes were a bit weak but ran it anyway and decided to adjust it when I got home, Now that I tried to adjust it I noticed that the throttle linkage isn't being pushed to WOT more like half way, I have tried adjusting the linkage but it just seems as if the servo is very weak. Was I supposed to upgrade servos before the linkage mod or did the servo just go belly up?

If so, what servo would you recommend for throttle/brake under $100.

Thanks.

**EDIT**

I am using a 5 cell hump pack and recharged the pack thinking the batt was low, after charging the result stayed the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
can you post a pic or two?

this mod should work better than your stock linkage did with the same servo.

its all in the linkage. Like fred said get up some pics and we can most likely see the issue

As a test I removed the throttle linkage and just left the brake. Same result. Here is a short crappy quality vid from my crackberry.

can you try to get a clear-still pic bro?

cant really see much, but i can see that the link to your brake cam/arm is getting full movement with the link & servo horn.

Not supposed to do that.

you want the brake link to slide "thru" the slider on the servo horn when your applying throttle & then you want the link to move with the servo horn when you apply brake.

should look similar to this (but this is my temp set up)

I'm even embarrased to post this being a electrician and all but I think when I charged the hump pack yesterday I didn't hit the start button or I didn't insert the plug in all the way... Whatever I did I didn't do it correctly lol! I couldn't find my multi meter so I threw the pack on the charger for about 2min then tried it on the truck and it worked. So once its fully charged ill post the results. To respond to the post above yes all the bends in the links are there including the brake linkage.

lol cool my man! get a peak charger... 30 -125 bucks worth every penny. most 6 volt packs at full charge read up to 7 .2 volts. don't trust you meter ... I know at work its you best friend but not here...

EDIT just saw the start button ... ok you have a peak. NM

Also in the vid that brake arm is straight. do you know what i am referring to ?

Here this arm: (red line is where it would be stock)
brakearm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back