Weak fuel tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benji

Hi all, so i looked thru alot of threads all years old and was wondering if anyone has found a solution to the bad fuel tank? Ive gone thru 2 in 3 weeks? Is there a easy way or a cheap fix to stop the tank from splitting at the mounting points?thanks in advance.

I use a piece of fuel tubing to keep the tank from rattling around, when you say splitting is it just breaking off the mounting ears or is it breaking the seam and making it leak?? I broke the mounting ears off my XTM MMT tank and just used a dremel to sand it off and rough it up then used Plumbers Goop to put on a small piece of aluminum angle with a hole in it for mounting

DSCN6371.jpg

Yeh is the mounts that keep coming off, even the brand new one was moving loads before i even started it tho. Need to find a way to stopit moving around i think before i put the next tank in

just put a small piece of fuel tubing on the post then install the tank and it will help keep it from moving around.......

just put a small piece of fuel tubing on the post then install the tank and it will help keep it from moving around.......
Thanks will try that in the morning, cant make it any worse lol

Can't say I ever ran a stock tank long enough to have issues with them. The HTL issue was too irritating and I'd always go with a smaller 125cc buggy tank and live with the frequent fill ups to have consistent tune from full to empty.

Another trick is to use thicker double sided tape on the backside against the frame rails, this stops most any rocking side to side

Another trick is to use thicker double sided tape on the backside against the frame rails, this stops most any rocking side to side
I did the small piece of tubing thing on the mounting posts and also put a piece of foam rubber weather strip that has a sticky side to stick on frame behind tank.
Tank doesnt wobble around anymore.

The xl kits used to come with better fuel tank adaptors separately in the box but I don't know if you can get them by themselves or not. I remember them making it way more stable then the X series ones.

Found it!!! they come with the xl anti roll bar and the part number is 102526 they're so much better then the other ones.

Last edited:
The xl kits used to come with better fuel tank adaptors separately in the box but I don't know if you can get them by themselves or not. I remember them making it way more stable then the X series ones.

Found it!!! they come with the xl anti roll bar and the part number is 102526 they're so much better then the other ones.
Sure gives it a lot more to rest on and spread the load when landing a jump. Guessing that entire long spot on each rests under the seam of the tank.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back