We all love our Savages...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AoD

I've seen posts out the ying yang about how much we love our savages.. But what do we not like? I figured I'd post this thread to see what everyone dislikes about their savages. What's the most irritating part of your savage? What could be changed? How could it be better?

Personally, I dislike the grub screws. They break and I have to tear my skid off to get to them. Even worse when a differential grub screw goes. I then have to take the middle and front or rear skid completely off just to change ONE screw. It gets annoying quick. For some reason, I can't seem to keep a good grub screw for long. They just end up snapping and the teardown begins. I think I have about 12 heads of grub screws....

Aside from that, I already know what a popular answer would probably be. Half tank lean.. Argh.. I hated that so bad, it made tuning such a pain!

I wanna hear what you guys have to say. :)

half tank lean!

brakes are erratic

hard to tune(sealing my engine soon)

wobbles

off balance for jumping

stalls

THAT FREAKING ONE WAY BEARING GOES SOO MUCH!!!

lol

I hate when it runs out of gas and requires more.

then why do you own one??

Gas prices are going up i know...but still if you like the hobby so much then why do you care?

i agree too... i hate when you think that you have enough fuel to make it and you end up dying out in a field and swearing alot

Or right before you hit that wicked jump! Ohh man, that does suck! "edited for purposes that are not needed to be said on a forum, or in public for that matter" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta say, that is the worst part about owning a savage! The tank running out of fuel.. It usually happens right when you get into the swing of it, so happy, it's rocking, poof, no fuel.. LAME!

My biggest pet peeves about the Savage:

-Half-tank lean
-Exposed fuel tank
-Floppy throttle/brake linkage
-Wayyyyyy too easy to roll
-Rotostart (punishing on con rod & backplate, heavy, more batts. to charge)

Fortunately, these are all fixable problems...My Savage has recovered fully from these issues, and I wouldn't trade it for any other truck!

half tank lean
thottle set up

I guess I'm lucky-I have never had this half tank lean problem.
I think weakest point from stock are the TVP's-too thin.
That's it really-I like the stock shocks.
Tank location could be better-I have broken a few tanks. If I ever go with a mid tank that would be the reason why.
Oh and stock pipe is no bueno.

I hate it when the sun goes down and ends your day of bashing.

That's the worst ever whip! I think you win the worst part of the savage award! :p

Yeah, and owb's... I've went through one already.. lame... lol

ive burnt up 2 owb's and lost 2. stupid rotoplate fell off.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! The rotoplate FELL off?! ROFFLE!!!!!!!!!

Larsen.. grub screws are my worst enemy.. I hate them. Like I've said before, I have enough grub screw heads to build something out of....

yeah the loctite didnt take the first time, and the second time i just forgot it. now the little nut on the ofna linkage balljoint fell off so i lost my breaks.

who needs brakes right?

I'd say the pin's for the upper/lower control arms and the stupid bumper shock mounts that always seem to move then we lose our pins. by the way what are grub screws?Cheers!:beer:

Grubs are the screw/pins that go though the drive cups at the diff input and trans output locations.
I have threaded the ends of both my front lower control arm pins and put a 3mm nut and washer on them so they don't push though.

I'd say the pin's for the upper/lower control arms and the stupid bumper shock mounts that always seem to move then we lose our pins. by the way what are grub screws?Cheers!:beer:

Quick and easy way to remedy that, zip tie the braces together. Not real tight, just enough where they won't let the pins out. It works really nice, and it doesn't effect the rebound effect the braces have. :)

Quick and easy way to remedy that, zip tie the braces together. Not real tight, just enough where they won't let the pins out. It works really nice, and it doesn't effect the rebound effect the braces have. :)

Ever since I got the RC Solution cage it's now sealed with a bar that goes across the cage. but the pins for the lower control arm is or where the skid plate is still comes out once in a while any cure for that? Cheers!:beer:

I think Ti pins have e-clips, not sure on that but I took a 3mm die and put a few threads on them and put a nut and washer and have never lost one yet.

I think Ti pins have e-clips, not sure on that but I took a 3mm die and put a few threads on them and put a nut and washer and have never lost one yet.

That sounds excellent I'm tired of breaking the cups on the skid plate that hold the pins in place. I've gone through 2 plates now. Cheers! Dave!:beer:

qrjeas.jpg

No I don't but it's just a normal 3mm die that came in my Snap-On tap and die set. I'm sure you could get one by itself at a store like maybe Sears?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back