want to replace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dxtreme

i have a savage x 4.1 and want to replace the motor. i haven't had this current motor running in over 3 years and i doubt it is any good. will a 4.6 motor fit in its place with no mods? give me suggestions on a good motor swap. thanks

can u make any suggestions to me into which motor would be a good replacement?

nothing too extravigant. i was looking at either the stock 4.6 or a axial maybe if not suggest some stuff for me

well as frddyj said it all depends on what your budget is.. In this hobby as a rule u get what you pay for,now don't get me wrong alot have used the axial and loved it but there not known to last as well as lets say the LRP 28 or picco p3 but the picco will run you around $190.00, the LRP is a bit cheaper and just as nice pretty much. another half decent engine is the sh engines and there a bit cheaper then the LRP AND THE PICCO and has tons of power!! just a few suggestions.....

yes axial as i said is another choice,but i remember robin saying the sh engines are pretty good as well,well atleast the 8 port is

where can i find info on the sh engine? and no I'm in the states not in canada

oh ya sorry i was thinking of someone else :duh: you should give robin "purenitro" here at the forum a pm he professionally mods the sh engines and has a vast amount of engine knowledge in general, he would be able to give you first hand experience on how they run

ok well i've narrowed it down to the axial .28

http://cgi.ebay.com/Axial-28-Spec-2...ccessories&hash=item1e61ac9525#ht_4166wt_1058

that one to be exact. what else do i need besides exhaust cause I'm using the factory exhaust unless someone else suggests something else. i know i want to go to aluminum clutches unless someone on here suggests me staying with the stock teflon one's. please list links of anything that you see i will need. i need to order this motor soon so i can get this thing running, i just checked the 4.1 today and it is definately done won't even turn over.

the axial will drop directly into your savage. the pipe i would recommend would be the ofna 086. as for clutch shoes the dynamite max lifes have good reviews from members here. i run integy clutch shoes and for the price i like them.

well I'm still searching for a motor. main thing i've noticed on the axial is the throttle for the carb is on the opposite side of the stock savage. how would i got about switching this?

Ive had a few axials an they are great for the money!!! Not a powerhouse like my picco .28 but they are good engines especially when on a budget!!! Only issue ive had is the mid range needle. Just seal it up an its good to go, or you can put a lrp carb on it an not worry bout it!

is the midrange needle on the axial or your picco?

Axial. Real simple fix!!! Just seal it with a good high temp sealant, then set it flush with carb body! Thats the first thing i do with a new axial engine!

i didn't know the axials had a mid-range needle. wasn't that a huge drawback on the hpi k4.6?

Yes. But its an easy fix! For the money they are great engines. Ive got about a gallon an a half on my modded axial .32rr-1 an so far its still running great an issue free! If your on a buget its the engine for you. Some say the sh engines are good but i didnt have good luck with the one i had. How much you willin to spend? I'll help you find a good engine for your budget! You want pullstart or rotostart?

I'm thinking pull start for sure, no need of carrying the huge rotostart. I'm looking at spending somewhere around 100 bucks. 130,140 very max

Ok. For $120 you can get an ofna .28. Good engine, better in top end than axial. For $139 you can get axial .28. Good engine to. Torquey low end and mid, but lacks top end compared to ofna .28. Check ebay an put in ofna .28. Its a black headed engine for $120. Saves you some money.

i think I'm gonna look for more torque than top end not looking for super high speeds. what other engine besides the axial would be a good choice since i really don't wanna fool with that midrange needle. I'm more acustom to the low and high speed not mid needles

Yes but it also has a midrange needle. Its an axial engine. Heres one in my savage x. No modding required.

The ofna .28 would be a good choice. No mid range needle. Good torque an hp. Youll notice a difference from the 4.1!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back