Vorza speed runs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

on 6S, 20C 3000 mAH battery:

[YOUTUBE]iQ8ADX_3izQ[/YOUTUBE]

I am a TERRIBLE driver so far, but DAYUM this thing is FAST...

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, you are not a very good driver, lol. That thing is wicked fast.

First time out on this track, first time with the Vorza, first time with 6S, stock suspension and steering setup - it was a BLAST to play with though. Another guy was there with a VE8 and he was showing me better way to run the track by following him - it was fun. One big problem was there was a bunch of standing water on the track, so we had to go REAL slow for the spots that should have been high-flyers...

Bob

Here is the video I took from the driver's stand - VERY uneventful, but worth looking at I suppose.

[youtube]iPPB21WV3DE[/youtube]

Couple of real good rubber-side-up flops in there too :)

Bob

1 stop letting off the throttle there floppy 2 buy a editor please...

Yeah, thats why it kept flopping on its back - the electric has a delay and when it wouldn't flatten out in flight, I kept blipping the brakes - which makes it flop. With the nitro it flattens out - just need to get used to the response delays I guess.

I am just learning how to edit video on my Mac, figured I'd put the raw one up. I'll get better video this weekend. I'm gonna try to spend most of the day just getting used to it.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the acceleration curve even? There is almost three distinct "speeds", and it is not consistant.

Bob

Correction to my previous post - I meant when I jot the throttle on the nitro, it responds right away in flight as opposed to the brushless which has a delay. On my nitro, I am used to it, but when the electric doesnt immediately respond, I keep catching myself tryong the opposite - and the brakes work instantly and she
flops over. I thought it sounded like the two cars behaved differently to the same throttle changed.

Bob

Are you using punch control ? if so turn it off and just learn the trigger. that adds delay and muds it up across the board.

I checked my TX - no punch control, and the esc is stock settings (default is no throttle control as i understand)

Tomorrow I'll plug it in to Castle Link and see what it says.

Even slowly going through the throttle, there seems to be three distinct speeds - not a smooth curve. It is a bear to control on 6 so I'm going to drop back to three just to get the hang of it. The newvtrack layout is much more technical than last year, and by tomorrow it should be dried out enough for real testing...

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
lol that looks very hard to control on an un even surface!!! rapid machine though haha...

lol that looks very hard to control on an un even surface!!! rapid machine though haha...

It is - the surface was not smoothed out since a recent rainstorm the day before - so it was rutted. Also, I was purposefully running WOT to show speed for Frddyj who asked to see how fast it was :)

I have the car with me today at work, and at lunch I am going to run to the track for a little bit and see what I can do. I need to tear down the diffs and shocks and change a few things (needs different springs f/r and a tad heavier oil, and I want to clean and check out the diffs, swap the OEM lube for better balance on the turns - she likes to push in the corners).

One thing that is a pet peeve of mine is that the ESC has a Y-harness built in that basically means you need to run two batteries. For the time being I have a pig-tail on it that plugs in and acts like a bridge so that I only need one, but I am going to probably remove the extra connector so it will run on one battery instead of needing the bypass.

Bob

Latest posts

Members online

Back