Video of xl before and after rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lmao ...sorry about that I'm not the best camera man or the best driver for that matter hahaha

I found that wearing the camera on a short lanyard around my neck seems to work well. Then I don't have to wear a hat or something goofy on my head/chest. Then you get used to turning your body as the truck goes by vs turning your head. Kind of like batman. lol!

Can post up a few photo's later. It's totally hack, but I couldn't find anything out there made like this. Only head, arm, chest straps or harnesses. I didn't want to look like I was diving into an S&M video... just wanted to record my trucks! lol

I found that wearing the camera on a short lanyard around my neck seems to work well. Then I don't have to wear a hat or something goofy on my head/chest. Then you get used to turning your body as the truck goes by vs turning your head. Kind of like batman. lol!

Can post up a few photo's later. It's totally hack, but I couldn't find anything out there made like this. Only head, arm, chest straps or harnesses. I didn't want to look like I was diving into an S&M video... just wanted to record my trucks! lol

Olds you forgot about Duct Tape LOL

Not quite duct tape... but hack none-the-less.
2018-0713-GoProLanyard-01.jpg

2018-0713-GoProLanyard-02.jpg

2018-0713-GoProLanyard-03.jpg

2018-0713-GoProLanyard-04.jpg

The yellow lanyard is something I got from work. My company does registration for trade shows and part of that is making a name badge with bar codes that contain all registrant information. We have all sorts of goofy lanyards around. It has little clips on each end.

I use the normal mounting neck/pivot to clip the one end of the lanyard to after wrapping some of the lanyard around it to get the right length, then I doubled/knotted the lanyard and clipped one end to keep it there and I clip/unclip the other end when I hang it on my neck. The wire leg with fuel line rests against my body, but helps it stick to me vs sway back and forth, also helps remove wire on cloth noise the camera mic picks up. I can twist it since I just have a 3mm bolt/washer holding it onto the hero frame to keep it pointed where I want it.

The neck of the holder pivots, so I can fold it down and it will point the camera more at the ground, for when shooting my truck down in a skate park bowl or something. Or I can pivot it up to shoot in level with me.

Looks stupid, but it works at giving me both hands free while not being a tri-pod, so I can move with the action by twisting my body instead of my head when I drive. With the lanyard cinched up pretty high, I rarely pick up my remote antenna in it. Of course ,it sways and moves when I lean over or walk, but I edit all that footage out because it looks like crap anyway.

The camera ends up upside down, but most cameras let you adjust for that. The gopro does it automatically and rotates the screen as well. My old camera just rotated what was recorded.

I suppose a full on chest harness would work, but then it feels like your being strangled by a really weak guy all day. I looked for days online trying to find something like this, but nothing really exists, except for a phone pouch.

Sweet, Re-purposing something usually works better than something you can buy, If one can even afford it . nicely done.

kinda like this - LOL

NOW I AM READY.jpg

Or this -

Attachments

• ROAD KILL BALLOON.jpg
    ROAD KILL BALLOON.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Cheers for that i need to rig something like that for my camera i have it on my remote atm but it move sometimes an i don't notice it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back