Vented Clutch Bell opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimMo8462

Just wanting to know if putting a vented clutch bell on my savage is a good or bad thing? I already have one, just waiting to put it on now and didn't want to do it without asking 1st. Should have asked before I bought it, but couldn't pass up the deal on ebay.

yes, having a vented bell is a good thing. before i changed mine to a vented i always had problems with the clutch getting really hot.. ohh and btw what gearing u running your truck with?

Yeah bashing is all I have intended right now. There's no tracks out here in Spain, that I know of other than on road cars. so if I decide to race it won't be till I get back home in the states. Haven't ordered any yet. Still looking for them. Another reason why I haven't put it on yet too, don't want to do twice the work if not needed to.

No sand for me, just regular plain old dirt and mud. They get really ####ed if I run on the beach out here. Disturbs the topless sun bathing :lmao:

I don't run in sandy conditions so I use a vented one. I found that with my little 4.1, high revs get the clutchbell cooking and it was melting my spur gears. Changed to the vented one and problem solved!

I actually was just looking at those about 15 minutes ago. I've got a few in my cart right now just comparing them before I buy.

an even better option to that hpi clutch is dynamite max life shoes and mugen 1.0 springs. the hpi one is more expensive then the dynamite, and the dynamite will outlast them.

an even better option to that hpi clutch is dynamite max life shoes and mugen 1.0 springs. the hpi one is more expensive then the dynamite, and the dynamite will outlast them.

thats what I'm running now and have been using them for almost a year and they haven't failed me the yet :rock1:

Latest posts

Members online

Back