Ve8 in my MIND!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez890

After extensive research on converting my ol' Trophy 3.5 to brushless I decided that i would save money & gain better parts in the process, Allways a bonus!

First of the Ve8 is ready to have brushless power added with a strong drivetrain, motor mount & battery placements with suspension that can withstand anything.

On the other hand my trophy (nitro) would need a motor mount & battery placement fitted which is hard in such a small space. I would also have to upgrade the drive train and fit bigbores.

So after thinking about it The ve8 is my best choice and by far going to handle the best.

Photo003.jpg

Ok, so after reading that boring 180 page book above its time for my questions.

I plan on putting a castle 2200kv with the MMM esc, Before i do i want to know a few things.

Pros
Cons
ESC Software - how easy is it?
Power (Determind by battery's)
Any other useful info

What Tyre's would be good to run with this thing?

I'm also looking at 2 SCM LiPo 2s C-max 40+ (ive heared mixed views so please let me know if u like or dislike)

Also on my mind as a HYPERION G3 VX 5000 MAH 4S 14.8V 35C/65C LIPOLY PACK (again let me know if u have tried and like or dislike)

Thanks

After extensive research on converting my ol' Trophy 3.5 to brushless I decided that i would save money & gain better parts in the process, Allways a bonus!

I'm always a fan of a build or buy instead of a conversion for the same reasons that you state. Well said :joker:

I plan on putting a castle 2200kv with the MMM esc, Before i do i want to know a few things.

Pros
Cons
ESC Software - how easy is it?
Power (Determind by battery's)
Any other useful info

Pros - Its a great system. Tons of Power, easy to use.
Cons- Haven't seen any cons surface in my brief experience.
ESC Software- Simple to use.
Power (Determined by batterys) :jamout: Oh yeah, its got it.

Any other useful info- If you go with Castle MMM, get a Castle Link right off the bat so you can program.

I would also recommend searching around and finding some guys that run this buggy with the set up your looking to run & get their opinion. If you have a local track with b/l buggy, talk to the guys and see what their using in terms of systems, tires and packs.

Also on my mind as a HYPERION G3 VX 5000 MAH 4S 14.8V 35C/65C LIPOLY PACK (again let me know if u have tried and like or dislike)

I have 1x2s G3 and 1x3s G3. Great packs. Do a little more research, if your gonna go 4s, consider a MMM with 2650kV, its designed for a buggy and you don't need all the low-end torque of the 2200kV on such a light car.
[/QUOTE]

I'm considering the possibility of running 3s, would the buggy be to slow?

Tekin has a sheet that shows which motor you can match up which LiPo battery for a specific track or condition your looking to run.

Bankrupter has it, pm him & tell him to put it into this thread so you (and others) can see whats up.

:stickpoke:

:headshot:

Finally watched all of the vid (Slow internet connection)
How nice does that thing sound?? I replayed the first 13sec over and over, sounds like the buggy is about to take off!!

Ok i asked bank and he says he removed it from his drive a while back but he remembers sending it to you frddy unless u removed it too. Also what pinion would be a good size to use?

Ok i asked bank and he says he removed it from his drive a while back but he remembers sending it to you frddy unless u removed it too.
he sent it to me on I'm & i printed it. If i still have it i'll see if i can scan it to pdf and get it on here somehow. its a good reference.

Also what pinion would be a good size to use?
baddasz_savage is best to answer this but I'm sure he's gonna ask you which motor & packs your runnin'

just contacted Randy Pike at Team Tekin so i should have it soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens if you run a 2s 5300mah battery with a 3s 3300mah battery? (example) Obviosly you get the 18.5v but what about the MAH? or can you only run LiPo's with the same Mah Rating?

What happens if you run a 2s 5300mah battery with a 3s 3300mah battery? (example) Obviosly you get the 18.5v but what about the MAH? or can you only run LiPo's with the same Mah Rating?

This is all about discharge.

your esc will "see" 18.5v (or whatever the packs charge to) but not the capacity.

so

you run the risk of the depleting the 3300Mah pack and the Voltage on that pack dipping below your LVC (& 3.0v on a cell) and failing, puffing, exploding etc.

You want your Manufacturer, Voltage, and Capacity to be equal (and cells to be balanced) so all cells discharge evenly to minimize risk of over-discharging a cell and, ultimately, failure.

allthough the esc has a cell cut-off would it be wise to get an extra cut-off protection connected to the balance plug?

Latest posts

Members online

Back