use a pigtail on an esc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkattack99

is it ok to use a 12 gauge deans ultra pigtail to a 10 gauge esc wire? just wondering cause my soldering skill is well a big fat 0 and i was hoping to make it easier on myself and just connect a pigtail to the esc this time. i will have to shorten the pigtail a little I'm sure. i was just wondering if that was possible or if that would make things not better.

shark id recommend not going down in wire gauge. the manufacturer selected the 10 gauge based on electrical power that the smaller gauge wire (12) might not be able to handle & fail.

there are a couple great "how to" solder deans plugs videos on youtube. Only way your solder skills will improve is by doing it bro.

12 works fine on the tekins and is what I asking as all the racers use at the track on the electric bugs/ trugs.

big questions to consider are:

1. is this going on a savage? a savage is gonna be heavier than a bug or trug & the bigger load will put more strain on your esc, motor, packs & wiring.

2. how much power you plan on pushin through it? (what size packs).

Not saying you can't do it or it won't work with the smaller wire, but if i were you i would call the manufacturer and get their recommendation.

Also ask them if wiring it up in this way will void your warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back