Upgrades for my Savage X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nihal

Got myself a brand new SANWA radio for my savage X ( still learning it's functions ) upgrade both the spur gear and the clutch bell to hpi harden steel ( doing my 4th tank tomorrow. Hope it goes well) . 2 hitec servos. This should be good enough for now. Then I notice that the servo horns look different. Can I use the stock Linkage with the new servos? Also do you thing Linkage upgrade is a good idea. Heard alot of OFNA Linkage but just unable to find any. Could you direct me to the site. What parts are needed to upgrade.

Get one of Ofna's throttle linkage kit and one of their linkage sliders kit. Sadly it seems their slider kits are out of stock everywhere. Put together it will look something like this:

(Not mine, just some random internet image)

attachment.php

my 4th tank was not good. Started perfectly. did a few rounds without any issues. Then i can hear the engine ref up n down. Thought the engine was too rich, i blip the throttle a few times. Stall a few times. try to lean the HSN a bit and did a few rounds. Stall again.:banghead: What am i doing wrong!!!
then when i try to start i can hear the OWB slipping. Will open and see what is going on. hope is just slipping due to the fuel. Can clean it up.
As for the servos, can the stock throttle linkage fit the Hitec servo. I'm having is HS-5585MH

Guys, Urgent help needed!!
Took out the OWB and cleaned it out with WD40. apply grease on the shaft and reinstall the OWB. try my rotor start and still slipping. remove the Gear Set For Back Plate Unit and clean it out as well. fix it all back and still slipping. Something is wrong. I remove the glow plug and and use my rotor start, this time it turns as it should be. Thinking it was the glow plug, i change to a new glow plug and it slips. Remove the plug, able to turn the piston. what is happening??? As for the OWB, it should be free turning anti-clock wise and locking clock wise right?

You can't clean a OWB with WD-40. Isopropyl Alcohol or something similar. Electric Motor Cleaner... maybe carb cleaner. Then either a couple small drops of 5w-30 or a very small dapper of grease.

You can start up your truck with the glow plug loosened off slightly, this reduces the compression. Tighten it back up once running.

I found out the issue with the OWB. There is 2 parts to it. 1 is the outer nut. the other is the inner cylinder. when i try to rotor start the outer nut spins as per normal but the inner cylinder is not spinning. Does this means that the OWB is gone?

Is there any way to fix this issue or got no choice to get a new one?

You can try to clean it. Denatured Alcohol, motor cleaner, something of the sort. Then a couple drops of 5w 30 or a SMALL dab of grease. Make you reinstall the OWB with the printed side towards the engine.

Is there any way to fix this issue or got no choice to get a new one?
I've fixed them together with a few drops of CA glue before. If you can get the bearing out of the hex without damaging. Just clean all parts really well first. Be sure not to get any glue on the inside of the bearing itself. I've ruined a few trying to get them apart. But if it's not working anyway, there's nothing to loose

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back