upgrade suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[hs] darkshine

I Keep Breakin $h!t
heyy all, first post here, so please be gentle!! i have just bought (well robbed blimnd from a guy i know) a 4.6 savage. omfg it is fast! he did the usual like tank guards, ally bits. i have installed a three speed tranny, huge pipercross air filter and other stuff. i have a reverse module to go in, but the bolts that secure the drive cups (i think that's what they are called, sit outside the tranny box and join to the dogbones.) have stuck firm and wont come out, so i will be cutting them off, and geting new ones, any suggestions on special ones, or will standards do, for the twin disk btw. also is it woth investing in the new savage x gear casing? any other suggestions, her's how the beasty looks. thanks for the help!!
dsc00062zy4.jpg

:newb:

after a good ragging session yesyerday, i bent the tvp's, so i have ordered some lcg, standered length (+3mm front and rear) from innovative-rc/ AND AT 4MM THICK, I don't THINK I SHOULD BE BENDING THEM! i have also ordered a new 1400ah hump pack and charger, some stainless hex heads for everything, bearings to replace the steering bushings, some alloy chassis braces, and some integy front and rear cvd's. anything else i definately need to upgrade, or should that be ok? i'm a bit weary of alloy a arms, upper and lower as ally doesnt give, as plastic does-it just snaps. recomendations on shocks would be cool. cheers!! :Xjeep:

You should enjoy that new chassis from IRC, he has great quality and service. Your on the right track about the alloy a-arms stick with stock or RPM a-arms. For your shocks if you bash I say stick with the stock ones, but other options include buggy shock conversion need shock towers (check out ]-[0pa]0ng's truck) LST need the mount kit from IRC, or CEN shocks but they will lower your truck slightly (both of which I have just got the CEN shocks not ran yet)

all i use the 46 for is really ragging the sh!t out of it, having a laugh, jumping, a light hearted race with my workmates 21 and 25, so strenghth is the most important thing, over blingness, but shiny things look cool, apart from if they only last one jump!! :biggun:

Sound's like you are on the rite track. I would not recomend aluminum arm's eather. I have only broke 1 stock a arm in the last 2 years, becuase my steering had come undone and i could not stop it in time and hit a post. Aluminum hub carriours are pretty good, I use them as the stock's will break sometime's. Stock shock's seem to be the best,or any of the other set ups JTM mentioned. Just remeber to lock tight any metal to metal screw's with blue locktight. You might concider upgrading the engine plate with Inovative, hot body's, or any heavy duty plate. I have cracked so many engine plate's and it will play havic on the drive train and leave you guessen why the truck keeps eating spur's. Have fun with your new ride Cheers

cool, thanx for the suggestions, i am gettin the tvps, cenre skid plate and engine plate deal (
package-standard.jpg

i don't want it to eat spurs, i upgraded to hardened spur and ally carrier an a vented clutch bell not so long ago!!:chaineddown: happy xmas to all!!!! :eekred:

You should have a nice truck that shouldn"t give you any prob's.
Go with a high quality Allen wrench's there kinda pricey but are worth it. Less likey to strip and some times bite the head on a screw that might be slipping with reg allens. Have a pic of the set srew you are talking about? or was you abol to get it.

yeah, click here or look at the pic
jestorage.jpg
i din't see the point in spending double for hi-tensile over stainless, but i guess time will tell! i have a nice park tool set- see the fold up tool in the pic, i use for my bikes and a new set, which is the one in the pic. the ends are ground square, so shouldn't be slipping off the allen bolts. i paid something like £20 quid for one, and the new one i took from my old place of work before i left!! they range from 6-1.5mm, so should be fine. i do have some nice snap on allen key sockets somewhere, but i cant find em! :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
something like £51.00, it was £55 with the set and steering bearings, just checked-£51.00. should be a bit less flexy than standards...
:DJjam:

if you read the page about the jespares screw sets it gives you all the advantages of the hi tesile screws. i think there worth the extra spend

i did, for what i use my truck for they are over kill. i only rag it mildly, i don't go mad with massive drop offs etc, to be honest they will be a damn sight better than the standards. just means i have to do a strip down and re-build. the 46 should appreciate it tho...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back