Unpredictable signal loss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faisalbasha

Mr Nonsensical
I'm experiencing signal loss with my truck. I got new batteries, new esc with brand new cables and wires, new receiver. The signal loss starts at around 20-30 feet. Sometimes the truck wants to run away. I have no idea what the problem is. The servo is good too.

the esc is still brand new... and yes i soldered the wires myself but it worked fine for a couple of weeks. I checked the wires and theyre solid. i replaced the receiver altogether its a low priced reciever (flysky). i charged the remote batteries it got a little better. but still lagging somewhere. the reciever lags sometimes e.g. the steering turns left after a couple seconds after i do it on the remote. .....the antenna is next to the esc yes. EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW WHICH IS WHY I'm SO PISSED.

If it is better when you charge the batteries that might be one cause.
Antenna right next to the ESC can also be the problem.

Low priced receiver can do it's job as it should. Any rx can give some problems.

what do you mean by rx?
by the way the only thing i have a problem with is the steering that is delayed sometimes... i have a hs 7995 servo so I'm thinking of just trying out a glitch buster from the capacitor i have lying around at home.

yes for sure...i will go through the process of elimination before i do anything....but i might just add the glitch buster anyway because I'm planning to install a dual fan on the motor....so that will take some extra power as well...

by the way i have a fan with a really small connector....how can i change it to the servo connector? i looked for adapters but couldn't find any.... the fan has the micro connector just like the mamba max pro fan connector.

like I said, what brand is the esc? castle's usually need an external BEC on the higher powered systems, especially if you have a bunch of fans and such.......

I would change the gearing vs getting more fans. even if the motor is cool, it will still strain the motor, which strains, the esc, which can affect the servo, RX, and battery.

also, like caretaker said, you might want to try moving the RX. I have had problems with RX's when they are close to the esc.

i have the quicrun 150amp from hobbywing.

i just wanna put the glitch buster because i have a capacitor lying around, otherwise i have no reason to put one.

i will try it anyway. if it makes it better then thats good for me. i do however don't understand what the problem is when esc and Rx are close to each other.

ahhhhh....i didn't think about that...you got a VERY CLEAR POINT. theres no way around it though...

I removed the receiver box from the back and placed it on the front... same chassis side. But now the signal loss has become worse even after i removed the servo extensions. the only problem i can think of is if it was a bad receiver..... thats the only solution left.

Latest posts

Members online

Back