Uneven power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinor

Having an issue. When a fair amount of power is suddenly applied to the wheels, my savage pulls left a bit. So starting from a standstill does this, but also when the engine hits the power band just before a narrow jump. Missing the jump is bad and is costing me money.

What are some probable reasons/fixes for this?

Is the steering sloppy. If so remove the slop via bearings or tightening things up or replacing with tighter pieces.

Also, make sure that you are running all the same oils and spring rates on both sides of the truck in the rear.

Let me clarify a little. The steering is not centered, but then I adjust that with the steering trim on the transmitter. So even when I have it running strait, bursts of power will will make the car go a little left. I have the same shock oil in all 8 shocks. If I pull a wheelie it seems to go left. That back right tire seems to have more power.

Could this be a tow-in issue as well? I've never adjusted anything like that...

The servo should be adjusted first by having the servo horn off. Then with the transmitter you set the steering servo knob centered, so the servo is at neutral. Then you put on your servo arm while the front wheels are centered. This should give you somewhat center, but it may still be a little off. That's where the adjusting on the transmitter comes in. The point of this is to have the wheels centered as much as you can as the servo at neutral. Then make the tiny adjustments with the knob on the transmitter. If the wheels were way off center when the servo is in neutral, using the transmitter to make those big adjustments may cause the wheels to not turn fully one way.

Then I would check that some bearings aren't dragging. If not, then it would be the uneven weight on the left side. I notice this a lot on on-road cars, which causes the use of weights. But I highly doubt that this would cause it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You also want a sight toe-in on all 4 tires.

Another thing to check is to make sure that all your arm pins and so on are straight. Also that your arms are in good shape and straight expecially on the rear.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back