tyres keep coming off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtbasher

hello guys,
does anyone knows why the tyres keep coming out? tried putting threadlock n stil it came off. wat shld i do? I'm only using 4s lipos.

dirt baser you will probably need to get new wheel nuts i used to have the same problem till i did. the nylock in the nuts is only good for about 6 or 7 on and offs of the tire

hello guys,
does anyone knows why the tyres keep coming out? tried putting threadlock n stil it came off. wat shld i do? I'm only using 4s lipos.

what wrench do you use to tighten? the 4-way glow wrench? if yes, then try a 6pt. socket & crank that bugger down tight!!

i don't own a flux but have a savage x and i've had my tires on and off a zillion times and the nuts still work, hmmmm weird, guess I'm really lucky!!!

P.S..... good to know though i'll a new set i think just to be safe thanks guys!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
dirt baser you will probably need to get new wheel nuts i used to have the same problem till i did. the nylock in the nuts is only good for about 6 or 7 on and offs of the tire

hi mickey,
what kind of wheel nut can u recommend me? I'm using stock warlock wheels n gt2 tyres

Last edited by a moderator:
what wrench do you use to tighten? the 4-way glow wrench? if yes, then try a 6pt. socket & crank that bugger down tight!!

hi frddyj,
I'm using the 4-way glow wrench. wats a 6pt? does threadlock help?

One of my wheels just came off and nearly ruined the hex in a brand new rim, i put it down to my wheelnuts too, theyre old now and have been on and off loads.

I remember in my diesel fitting days Nyloc nuts were never re-used, they were always replaced once removed so i guess i was asking alot of my old ones to stay on.

Oh a 6pt is a 6 point socket, use with a T-bar or a ratchet, and it allows you to torque down the nuts that much more and they don't slip off the nuts and round out under torque as easy as the glow plug wrenches do.

+1 on the socket and ratchet....

hi frddyj,
I'm using the 4-way glow wrench. wats a 6pt? does threadlock help?

i don't use thread lock there. just get a small set of inexpensive sockets that has 5.5mm - 10mm with a rachet & extension like this

that 4-way wrench doesnt give enough leverage to tighten down the nuts; it wasnt really designed for that purpose.

my flux tyre also came off no matter how i tighten it.. then in the frustration i use thread lock.. it turn out pretty good.. furthermore, i'm not going to unlock the nut for a long while..

Latest posts

Members online

Back