Tyco slot cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fz1dave

Does anyone have any tyco slot cars? They are wicked fun espeially when its too cold to enjoy rc. Here is my collection of cars. Some are hopped up but mostly 440 x2. The cars bring me back to when I was a kid. Lets see what you guys have.IMAG3264.jpg

my grandpa bought a kit for my mom{ he never had a boy} when she was a kid. we've searhed everywhere, but can't find the cars. we did, however, find the transformer and the track. sometime i'd like to get some cars for it. i'm not sure what brand it is, but I don't think that it's a tyco

Actually I think the transformers was tyco. I'm not sure, haven't seen seen any on ebay in a long time. I had cliffhangers, racin' hoppers, and fieros as a kid. I lost the track somewhere along the way. A couple years ago I got back into it with the "real truckin' raceway" which is racing trucks. Its a good set to get back into the hobby with. But look out- it is as addictive as rc.

Back in the 70's I had several slot cars, I went away to serve in the navy and when I got home my 2 brothers had destroyed almost all of my cars, track and all.... :(

Thats terrible jam. I would bring that up at every thanksgiving dinner. Lol.

I'm looking forward to getting some slot cars once my little guy gets a little bigger.

Mine is only three and she can clean the track and race me. Of course you have to get the throttle limiter which is called the turbo boost.

Well this has got me thinking for them winter days that one of the Carrerra sets will most likely find its way under the Christmas tree this year so when the kids and I get bored inside we can race in the cave awhile......Good thing is down in Rohnert Park where my family lives there is a slot car raceway and they are a dealer !!!! so I am officially looking at one of the 1/32 sets for sure.... I will keep you all up to date on the deal soon....

Sweet! I have never seen the carrerra sets. The cars look really detailed on the website. Are they bigger than tyco ?

Yes they sell their sets in various sizes, I am looking at the 1/32 sets for my cave.....

so, I was just at the farm, and I decided to go and work on the ho scale train track. we found the slot cars! the transformer is made by atlas, and it's metal, so i'm not sure how old it is. there are 2 cars, about 2 inches long. one's a 60's-70's t-bird, the other is a funny car. sadly, the track was junked long ago:( the t-bird is metal, so i'm guessing it's old. the funny car is plastic, so it's not as old, i'm guesssing

here u go, fz1 IMG_1823.JPG IMG_1824.JPG IMG_1825.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1826.JPG
    IMG_1826.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1827.JPG
    IMG_1827.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1828.JPG
    IMG_1828.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1829.JPG
    IMG_1829.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 5
Looks like some old cars there, probably aurora HO stuff by the look of them, pretty cool shelf cars....

don't know. It doesnt look like it. What kind of caris that? Tyco?

the t-birds auroa. not sure about the dragster. they are about that size, I work tomorrow, so i'll see if I have time to try.

Well I know this is an old thread but I was away for awhile and went wandering around to catch up.

I have a 1/32 SCX ralley set that has been buried in my basement for years. Recently found it when setting my RC shop back up. Been trying to find more track for it for the last few weeks actually. It was a ton of fun when I had it set up before. I know it wasn't cheap...something like $300 when it was new.

Latest posts

Members online

Back