Two "new" trucks - One is a Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderhawk6630

Just thought I would let you all know of my most recent purchases. I too purchased a Savage 25 like SavageRocks did. Mine is similar and just wanted to see what you guys though and see if you guys know what kind of engine it is. I paid $250 and got the following:

5 sets of tires and rims
2 motors - stock 25 and one I need help identifying.
3 bodies - 1 decent the other two are pretty much trash.
HPI Aluminum Shocks - Doubt I'll really use these as I love to jump.
Had the 23mm Hex Conversion too.
Hump Pack and battery for roto (although no rotostart)
Didn't have the factory radio, but had a HiTech Lynx FM unit. I have no idea if this is superior to the stock HPI one or not.

The Savage 25 was also the Limited Edition Model. So far I plan to take the 3 speed out of this and put it into my current Savage. It was missing the steering servo though.

I also just received another order from SMF. Failsafe, dual disc brakes, safety stop and a couple of other things.

It is going to be a busy weekend rebuild.

Let me know your thoughts. BTW I also purchased a 1961 F-850 Fire Truck for $1000. For some reason I really enjoy old trucks and for $1000 I couldn't pass it us. Need to rebuild the carb and fix some exhaust leaks, but other than that it runs really well. I just need to find a pond so I can fill up the tank and test out the pumps. They supposedly work.

Let me know what you think about both trucks. Pictures below.

sav6.jpg

sav11.jpg

sav21.jpg

sav31.jpg

sav41.jpg

sav5.jpg

sav7.jpg

sav10.jpg

sav9.jpg

sav8.jpg

Firetruck -

ft5.jpg