Tvp's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikesavage

I am looking at getting these http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/73831/
my question is do I really need the low CG engine plate that Hpi says (Must be used in conjunction with #86357 Low CG Engine Plate.) Or should I go with something else? If they are a good choice where can I get them a bit cheaper?

I do belive you need to use their engine plate otherwise the rear driveshaft will bind with the engine plate. I've have experience with the aluminum version of those tvp's. They are decent, CF ones look way cool though.

wish i could tell you i new of at least 1 person that invested in those tvps, but i cant.

gotta tell ya, i was all over a set of larsen's tvp's last weekend & they are kill-ah.

like the boiz here said, larz's is a bit cheaper, and his are 4mm quasi weave where the hpi are only 3mm. :peace:

Correct with the HPI LCG TVP's you linked you will need the LCG Engine plate because of how low they are.

Tower sells the HPI ones at like $132.99 and my kit PRC118 which is the LCG Extended 1.5" and 4mm. This kit also includes the Skid Plate and sells to members on this site at $140.45 and our PRC107 which is just the Ext LCG TVP's is $127.68. Both kits include the Extended Rear Dog Bone.

Also, thanks guys for the hit's.

Cool I didnt know yours was 4mm but I'm not looking to extend mine so is there a lcg cb 4mm regular? How much and does it need or come with the engine plate?

I also make a 4mm Standard length set that is about 1/2" lower than the savage X chassis this kit can use the stock plate as it is not quite as low as the HPI Race chassis but is very low cg. Our PRC128 TVP kit $114.00 and the PRC131 TVP kit and skid plate is $127.90. These are the prices for members on HPISF with the 5% member discount.

Latest posts

Members online

Back