Tunning the 4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimakis1996

Question to my savage gurus!
i have a problem tuning the savage and i cant make it do wheelies... i have a suspicion its the low end needle that is too rich but i want to hear your opinion first before touching it!
When i leave the car to idle for like less than 30 sec the rpm drops and after a few seconds it turns off i tried inceasing the idle gap to stop this from happening, second clue is that i can only get to do weelies right after a long full throttle(and still not every time).
i use 25% fuel and a medium plug. (if there is any video that you know of on tuning the savage that isnt by hpi pls tag it as well)
Thanks in advance!

Question to my savage gurus!
i have a problem tuning the savage and i cant make it do wheelies... i have a suspicion its the low end needle that is too rich but i want to hear your opinion first before touching it!
When i leave the car to idle for like less than 30 sec the rpm drops and after a few seconds it turns off i tried inceasing the idle gap to stop this from happening, second clue is that i can only get to do weelies right after a long full throttle(and still not every time).
i use 25% fuel and a medium plug. (if there is any video that you know of on tuning the savage that isnt by hpi pls tag it as well)
Thanks in advance!
It sounds to me that the engine is rich and when you’re idling it, it’s loading up with fuel and shutting down. Get a temp gun and start tuning little by little until you get the sweet spot and the temps are right in the place they need to be

It sounds to me that the engine is rich and when you’re idling it, it’s loading up with fuel and shutting down. Get a temp gun and start tuning little by little until you get the sweet spot and the temps are right in the place they need to be
do you have a temp refference i should aim for ?

You want it between 210-230. Usually that’s the norm. Just make sure you also have a good smoke trail. If you run a body make sure you tune with the body on.

Latest posts

Members online

Back