tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage46guy

i am taking my savage to my local hobby shop to get it tuned in i cant figure it out.

I know you must be eager to get your truck going but there is no better satisfaction than tuning it yourself. It can get frustrating. Believe me, we've all been there.

I know that sounds crazy especially when you are reading on the forum about everyone else bashing their trucks or doing hop-ups as your truck sits idle.

But there's going to come a day where you will have to know how to make adjustments to the tune of your truck. And unless you make these adjustments yourself, you truck may be benched until you can get it to the LHS again.

The Savage manual, this forum, and YouTube are your best friend when it comes to tuning.

Good luck...

You'll figure it out. Its easier than your making it on yourself. Just remember micro adjustments. Just a simple 1/16 turn can make a huge difference. Just remember micro adjustments. And watch were the screws at before you adjust if makes worse go back to where it was ect. Dnt give up. Once you get it you'll be so addicted to it. Hang in there. N if you need any help hit us up well get it going for you.

i got am offer for my truck if i sell it i can go buy a brand new truck.

i say take some time look through the forums and do some searching. good place to start on research would be tuning guides, theres also one on youtube under HPI tuning. Also check for leaks in the motor, theres sealing guides on you tube, and on here I'm sure you can find some good info! check theres no bubbles in the fuel line. theres lots to trouble shoot, I'm sure if you don't give up on it, and use this thread to troubleshoot, and repost back with even a video of it running we can get you up and running, and enjoying the truck.

the tuning will change every time your gonna take it out

Shouldn't have to seal anything. Some ppl seal the back plate and the heat sink and the carb where it slides into the case. But I dnt believe in it. That's what the o rings are for. So I dnt think you need to seal anything. And for the most part only 2 o rings that need replaced at times. Are the ones on the carb needles mainly the hsn. And maybe on the back plate if removed a lot.

Members online

Back