Tuning issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedster

Hey I just fixed my savage x and was running it out side in the snow and i had a little problem tuning it. It wouldn't tune for some reason it kept bogging so i set it bacdk to the factory settings and started tuning it again but still if i gave it full throtle it would just bog and slowly acccelerate. Could this be from the cold? I eas also wonder in if the snow that hit the enigine or reciever box would hurt them.
...Thanks

Could be an issue with the receiver, but that would just jack up the electronics(glitching and such). As for the motor, you should really preheat it to help starting. Then you'll have to rev it quite a bit usually to help bring the temp up prior to running. Folks that I have talk to run the stock bodies with NO holes in them(windshield are not trimmed, etc.) to help trap heat and keep the motor running. If your truck isn't hitting 200dg, then you'll run like crap.

Well i was running it out side my house so i had left it in the house until i was just about to use it, so i do't think that preheating would have been necessary and i didn't cut my body at all accept the back to accomidate the roll bar. And the electronics were fine.

what was engine temp? might wana go to a tad hotter plug. also since the weather up there is colder you will need to run a richer setting then durring the warm season due to the air being more dense because its colder. this denser cooler air you would think would alloow you to run richer since it would keep the engine cool, but it will not runr ight at a lean setting. get it up to running temp and if it wont reach running temp use some tinfoil wrapped around the head with e arubber band. i usually fold up some tinfoil and wrap it around the bottom half of the enigne head almost all the way up or in the middle on my rb. best way to do it. if engine starts to overheat take away some untill oyu get what oyu need for engine to stay at a stable temp for the proper tune

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back