Tuned Pipes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevage

I'm lookin at gettin a new pipe for my stock 4.1,although i'm thinkin about gettin an Axial 28 within a couple of months.So i'm wondering which is better,the HPI Polished Pipe or the Ribbed Pipe.On towerhobbies their only about a 3 bucks difference.Would these pipes also help with the half tank lean issue and how much power gains would i get.Or shall i just stick with the stock pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lookin at gettin a new pipe for my stock 4.1,although i'm thinkin about gettin an Axial 28 within a couple of months.So i'm wondering which is better,the HPI Polished Pipe or the Ribbed Pipe.On towerhobbies their only about a 3 bucks difference.Would these pipes also help with the half tank lean issue and how much power gains would i get.Or shall i just stick with the stock pipe.
I HAVE THE RIBBED PIPE AND IN MY OPINION IT DID ADD SOME TORQUE BUT NOT ALL THAT MUCH!! IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW YA WANT TO DRIVE!!! IF U LIKE WHEELIES AND STUFF I'VE HEARD THE JP 1 PIPE IS GOOD, IF YOU LIKE MORE MID TO HIGH POWER THEN GO WITH THE JP2 AND JP3 WORKS THROUGHTOUT THE RPM RANGE!!! AND ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY THE RIBBED IS TO LOUD BUT I LOVE THE WAY IT SOUNDS!!! AND MY SAV X 4.1 WHEELIES WITH EASE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya That Could Very Well Be Sj As I Only Have Experience With The Ribbed Pipe!!

Way to much for me,I'll just get the polished pipe.You can't beat the price.

The ribbed has much more cracky poppy sound as compared to the tuned...it is considerably louder.

I am running the Vantage pipe on a Axial 28RR and I have no complaints the pipe is pretty loud at idle and is very durable and light i was previously runing the hpi polished pipe. I know i know i have heard all the scientists and engineers "the pipe must get hot blah blah blah" well mine gets hot and works well!!! The jp pipes don't mount properly on the Savage a little modification is necessary i prefer the clean look either the TSAIS M25 or the Vantage although the TSAIS measurements are the same as the hpi polished pipe thats why i went with the Vantage!

ya i noticed that the jp pipes mount on the left side instead of the right don't they? AND I'VE HEARD ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY VANTAGE RACING PIPES ARE GOOD!!

Ya they mount the opposite way then the stock savage, the nipple for the pressure line is on the bottom and the wire mount for the front of the pipe doesnt line up i think you have to drill the pipe I have seen people running them i just don't like the look of a upside down pipe!!

I've always liked the polished HPI. Seems like it has the best power throughout the rpm range. Anybody run less head gaskets for more comp?

I tried on my .25. didn't notice a difference so I put them back.

Latest posts

Members online

Back