Tubing length?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Rollin' like a Big Shot
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was suppose to be an ideal length for your fuel tubing. I always thought that if one of the tubings are too long it can cause problems. Please let me know. Thanks!

Coby

I like lots of fuel tubing so when my truck flips I don't have to worry about it stalling out as soon.

but i think the more tubing, the less back pressure or something? i might have heard that from somewhere.

Good info. Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. Does it matter what the fuel line's length is? I'm not sure if that's what they meant for the last paragraph.

i use a short line on the presure side(from pipe to tank) long line to carb.. for 2 reasons.. 1: longer line means a lil more time to get to my truck on roll overs..every second helps right?lol
2: longer line helps if you get a leak in it out in the field you can snip it off and reconnect.. fast fix when the bashns good.. just my thoughts on it,,,happy bashn

I like to keep mine short with a large fuel filter gives you a clean set up and still have the extra time to flip it back when it rolls. plus a little extra protection against dirt never hurts. I even have a filter on my pressure line.

the presure line is around 4 inches ..just long enough to go over the air filter tube so it holds it off the spur gear... the fuel line is long enough to go back behinde the shock tower with slack in it so when it flexes it don't tear it off.. don't think youll mess it up just try what you want and experiment with it ...

The problem is, I'm running a mid tank with an OFNA 086 pipe. The way it is now, I have to run a really long line to get the line into the nipple on the pipe. My pipe is mounted so that the nipple is facing downwards and not on top, I can't get it on top because this pipe was made for left sided vehicles.

hello,
can anyone tell me how to solve the half tank lean issue without changing the tank or doing the mid tank conversion
thanks

I saw something on youtube saying that a super long fuel line would help with half tank lean. Like 2 feet long and then coil it and zip tie it. Is there any truth to this? My XL is stock and I'm getting big temp swings with my fuel level. I can get it running sweet at full tank OR less than half of a tank but it's hard to find a balance between the two. I'm lookin for a fairly simple fix that just has to help a little, even if it doesn't get rid of it all the way I can deal with that. My thought is that the long fuel line would decrease the fuel pressure at high tank levels but when the tank gets lower the pressure is already down, so it is not affected as much at low tank levels effectively evening the fuel pressure a little more. Anybody here tried it? And did it work for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what you do normal lenght of line large fuel filter tune the motor at half tank. You will be a little rich at the begining and end but a little rich is better than a burned mill

I don't let my tank get much below half tank. You are on the right track the issue is the fuel sloshing away from the pick up in the tank add the filter it makes a resurve that refills from the pressure in the tank once the fuel sloshes back to the puck up again tune at half tank not low because you will end up way to rich

Do you have a tuned pipe if not get the hpi polished pipe cheep on ebay the plastic pipes don't prime the fuel tank

try using the cen pipe i believe that is the one someone else can tell you for sure that pipe bogs the motor down. that might even help with the midtank lean issue as well

Latest posts

Members online

Back