Truggy Savage Build (56k no no)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crzy-svg-usr

Sir-Smokes-Alot
ok was bored so i started to make a pan chassi, not fully done yet still rough. still need to make up a radio tray peice, mount engine and gas tank, stiffen the chassi, and then do some finish grinding to lighten it up a bit

truck sits a little shorter then stock length but should make it fun and real squirley, ill just let the pics do the talking

yayocomputerpictures001.jpg

yayocomputerpictures002-1.jpg

yayocomputerpictures003-1.jpg

yayocomputerpictures004.jpg

yayocomputerpictures006-1.jpg

yayocomputerpictures007-1.jpg

yayocomputerpictures008.jpg

yayocomputerpictures009.jpg

yayocomputerpictures010-1.jpg

yayocomputerpictures011.jpg

yayocomputerpictures012.jpg

yayocomputerpictures013.jpg

yayocomputerpictures014.jpg

yayocomputerpictures015.jpg

yayocomputerpictures016.jpg

Wow Todd you have came a long way in a short time !!!

Great build and looks fairly easy thanks to the step pics..
Love when someone can take NOTHING and build something, It's great rather then just having a tower hobbies savage . Plus rep can't wait to see more

only did a little work today got the tank mounted radio box and tray. currently building alum block as standoffs for the tray should tie to chassi and tray together nice and stiffen itup a bunch

yayocomputerpictures018.jpg

yayocomputerpictures019.jpg

Looks sweet. I LIKE what you're doing!

What vehicle(s) are the other parts from?

diff tanka nd box are from gs storm buggy, servo saver is a mp rest of stuff is savage or a peice of sheet metal

yea needed alum and didnt feel like buying any so i just stole the sign and cut it up lol

same thickness as my gs storm chassi (not sure didnt measure it)

little more work not much, anyone can do this i have only used simple tools so far thus the rough finish, wish i was at school and could use the mill and lathes, o well

yayocomputerpictures027.jpg

yayocomputerpictures020.jpg

looks good cant wait to see it finnished! make sure u post a video of it running after its fully built!
thanks
4x4

little update, got the radio tray mostly done, and started fabbing up a front chassi brace

yayocomputerpictures028.jpg

yayocomputerpictures030.jpg

yayocomputerpictures034.jpg

what exactly are you trying to build here???

a truggy savage, cant finish it tho for a while

moved into my new house and all that stuff is at my parents house as well as all my tools. o well

don't forget go post some pictures when youre done looking forward to see how it turns out.!!!

Good Luck

Crzy this looks nice.....wish you could finish it soon, lol. Anyways you have made me want to do this to mine and I will be working on it this week. Also if you don't mind I will post a thread up of how mine comes along.

Looks good!

I'm home from school for the summer now and started building again. changed it up a bit need to take pics i swaped the moutnign locations tank is on other side now same as engien and radio is on the other side, setup like most buggys now. got the steering linkage all hooked up engine mounted and chassi braces. just working up on touchups then needa paint the chassi if i feel like it.

its almost done now basicially just touchup work theni need to paint some stuff. gonna put the k4.6 or whatever it is engine in it, just didnt mount it yet. dunno what body to run ill have to figure it out. truck is so much lighter now, gonna have to put it on a scale once i gett he engine and electronics installed.

car012.jpg

car010.jpg

car002.jpg

car003-1.jpg

car004.jpg

car007.jpg

car014.jpg

car015-1.jpg

car018.jpg

this is a fairly rough guess, and it mayeb could help you...arent alot of flat chassis turned up around the edges to reduce some flex? i know all of em arent but the idea seems to make sense to me...

sorry for lack of updates, been kinda busy tryign to find job and starting the new build on my real car. this kinda took a spot on the back burner again ill try to finish it tomorow, thinking about making shorter shock towers and runnign 4 shocks since the body sist way high the current way and looks funny

Latest posts

Members online

Back