truckzilla

truckzilla motor good or bad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drummerguy101

what kind of clutchbells fit this motor iv searched and ordered many bells but none will fit this is my problem the clutchbell is hudge on the motor and all kinds i fond were smaller

the only clutch bells I've found for them are 17 tooth...like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Bodies-17T-...ryZ44028QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

as far as whether the engines are any good, I own one brand new one (never been broken in) and one I got for like $35 shipped that's being rebuilt...the popular opinion of these motors isn't very good on the forums...guys tell me they are hard to tune, etc...I've also been told they aren't good for racing OR bashing...LOL

hope that helps...

I had one it was pretty unimpressive until I modified it it came alive after that . I advanced the timing, did a port job on the sleeve turbo scooped the crank and put a larger carb on the motor. After doing those mods to it it was a monster!! I could not keep the front end down on my truckzilla.

I had one it was pretty unimpressive until I modified it it came alive after that . I advanced the timing, did a port job on the sleeve turbo scooped the crank and put a larger carb on the motor. After doing those mods to it it was a monster!! I could not keep the front end down on my truckzilla.

how was it, as far as tuning, and starting, etc? that's the biggest complaint I've heard about the .46...glas to hear something good about them for a change...LOL

Neither one puts out 5 hp but it seems like the Cen motor holds up a little better after they took care of the bearing problem. You might want to check out the rc universe cen thread they have some pictures of a port job that a guy over in France did to his Cen .46 claims its killer . The motor is sooo basic that if you do anything to it I am sure you will see a boost in performance. When I finished all my mods to it it started alot easier but man oh man did she drink fuel!! And when ever I punched it from a stand still it would flip all the way over on its lid. If you can get him to do it ask RBmods if they still mod them and if he would advance the timing and balance the crank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back