truckzilla sport conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flewbyu

hey everybody i was thinking about getting the truckzilla sport conversion is it worth the 100 bucks to do just wondering before i got it thanks c.t

you get the following in the truckzilla sport package:
Two long wheelbase chassis plates
Four UFO wheels and Fireball tires
One rear center shaft dogbone
Mounting hardware
Instruction manual

personally for what your paying for it, i would look at other manufacturers extended chassis/tvp's, try fastlane machine and innovate rc for a few ideas, then get a big set of tyres to go with, proline moabs or some imex jumbo claw dogs, will give the same effect for similar money but imo better parts

I have a set of truckzilla chassis plates, and a set of the Fastlanes, and there's no comparison...the Fastlanes $#!T all over the truckzillas...

besides...you can currently get the entire truckzilla conversion on eBay for $200 plus shipping... HB .46 included...the engine's worth the extra $100, yes?

i reckong if you want to go the engine route, stick a better one into the alternate package above aswell, you can pick up axial .28s online for around $125 and the will take the biscuit out of a hb 4.6 engine anyday

if you are wanting a set of the chopper style rims and the fireball wheels i have a set,but i'm telling you that you don't want them if you run your truck. If you have a shelf queen then they look sweet but other then that they are worthless. Ran the set i have once been setting on the floor for 3mo.

define "worthless"? they're big...they're wheels and tires...they fit on your rig...I've seen Curt blast people in here for running oversized tires...apparently you went to the same school? :D

monster trucks originated with the premise "bigger is better"...the only possible legitimate complaint I've seen in regards to the 7.7" wheels and tires, is that they are harder on the drive train...quite possibly true, but half the fun is upgrading things (see the above "bigger is better" mantra) and a few hops here and there, should MORE than accomodate the larger rubber...

and yes...they DO look sweet...

i think he meant the tread pattern is pretty pants. the fireball pattern is all for show and if you actually want to run a truck properly you should get an appropriate tyre, ie a tyre to match the condition you run in most

the tyres that come with the truckzilla sport arent the 7" ones either, there the smaller 6" version

i was looking on the website and they say they are 7inch tires so they say. it looks like the truckzilla is a bad idea. here is the sitehttp://www.rcplanet.com/hot_bodies_truckzilla_sport_51015_prd1.htm

i do too. i built my sav ( i got it 2nd hand ) with bits that i chose (yes there are some factory bits left, obvoiusly) and my pc i built myself, that way i could spec everything as i saw fit.

i've only built myself two, and don't plan on moving to am2 yet, i was just stating that i like speccing stuff, i don't like buying kits and thinking x is cool, but y is a bit crappy...

define "worthless"? they're big...they're wheels and tires...they fit on your rig...I've seen Curt blast people in here for running oversized tires...apparently you went to the same school? :D

monster trucks originated with the premise "bigger is better"...the only possible legitimate complaint I've seen in regards to the 7.7" wheels and tires, is that they are harder on the drive train...quite possibly true, but half the fun is upgrading things (see the above "bigger is better" mantra) and a few hops here and there, should MORE than accomodate the larger rubber...

and yes...they DO look sweet...

HERE HERE!!!!!! I'm so sick of folk just sayin 'their crap' if i choose to put on big wheels and i break a diff then fine, thats my prob, il put in a stronger diff. its a MONSTER truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
personally i don't think big wheels are always diff killer, i use proline moabs and imex jumbo maxx tyres and love them. no diff probs so far... and yes if i seen jumbo kongs for cheap enough i would buy them

[hs] darkshine;14461 said:
it's all down to personal taste i think is what i think wullie means....:buttshake:

thats it in a nutshell!! iv got big joes on mine and my diffs are ok and my truck handles fine. flips a bit better too!

i'm running std x wheels, 40 series bowties or std width maxx paddles, depending on what i feel like/conditions...

my truck handled them just fine even tried to pull the front tires off the ground. what i ment was the tread has a hard time hooking up. it is my personal pref. not to run the big wheel and tire combo. If you do not care about someone's opinion then why do you give yours. All i was doing was telling him my thoughts on the matter so the he could choose to buy them or not. Maybe he dose not want to waste his money if they might just sit in a box,shelf or wear ever. I am not making a big deal about this just voicing my thoughts.

i DO care about your opinion, which is why I asked why you thought they were bad...both for my, and flewby's benefit...

just saying they're worthless doesn't help his decision.. :)

Ok the tread patteren makes it hard for them to hook up on most surfaces and yes they are hard on diffs if you don't have your truck geared right. if it is then they won't be a problem for the drive terrain,also the are hard to slow down so i would sugest a linkage mod to help in better breaking. They are heavy so i don't think their good for jumping. one thing about them that is kinda cool is that they soud like 35" mud tires driving down the road when you get the truck up to speed. What i feel is the major problem about them is trying to turn it takes a football feild. you loose your steering radius. i hope that this explains what i think about the 7.7" tires. I should have put more then to are worthless

hahah your'e like michael winner on that e-sure advert, 'calm down dear...' :rofl:

CLASS!!!!!! cillit BANG BANG BANG!!!!!

u can but t shirts now that just say

hi, I'm barry scott and theres a pic of him with the cillit bang!!

A freind of mine got the hole convertion. I wasnt to impressed. LCG tvp's from innovation,fastlane,ect. would be a better choice, you can get them ext 2. the oversized tire's that come with the truckzilla kit, where way out of balance made the truck wobble. the 4.6 want that impressive at all,the first version was prone to the crank case cracking at the mounts on a very mild rollover, the newer 4.6 think they fixed the prob, the head is cast,makeing the fins brittale and farly easy to break them off.
Fastlane, innovative, Twisted toys if you can find them ext lcg tvp's, Axial .28 and a good set of tires, would blow a truck zilla away, in proformance.
But it's your build, build it how you want.
enjoy your project have fun.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back