Truckzilla Rear Centre Drive Shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzman

Hello all, Been looking for a rear centre dog bone for my Truckzilla with no avail. It needs to be 114-116mm long from pins to pins with 8mm ball ends I have tried varies ones found on the net but all the ones I have found and purchased have been to thin. The closest I have found is from a Mugen MBX8 1/8th scale Buggie being 115mm long with the right size ball ends but the shaft is only 3.6mm thick. The front dog bone is a standard Savage 78mm long which is 4.5mm thick. I have a K5.9 engine fitted to the Truckzilla so don't think the 3.6mm bone will stand to to the power of this engine, I maybe wrong but it looks weak I also have a Savage XL with the same K5.9 engine and the rear bone on that is 5mm thick.
If anyone knows of a dog bone that will fit or anyone who has one that they want to get rid of, would love to know. Also been thinking about getting an XL rear bone cut and shortened as have a spare one of these to hand. Any thoughts on this idea ?

Thanks for the reply Dodlef but have already had a look on their web site and could not find anything suitable, infact the search only came up with 21 listings for Dog Bone/ Drive Shaft.
Have had a word with a mate who has a car restoration business and he says he will cut and weld my spare XL shaft for me. So that will get me out of the fix but would still like to track down an original one.

I'm actually having the same issue finding a rear center shaft as well for my recently acquired truckzilla plates. Can't believe they used such a non standard size.

know this dog bone is longer then you want but maybe worth giving these guys an email to see if they can help! 👍🏻

https://www.innovative-rc.com/product_info.php?products_id=793
Looked on there site and they do list the shaft for the Truckzilla, 113mm Heavy duty, not showing any live stock at the moment but have ordered one from them last night. Will see if I get a mail back from them today saying whether they can supply it or not. So thanks very much for the link. In the mean time I have cut an XL 142mm shaft down and got my mate to weld it back up. Looks pretty good, will see at the weekend if it holds up.

Attachments

• IMG_20220405_055153.jpg
    IMG_20220405_055153.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 3
I'm actually having the same issue finding a rear center shaft as well for my recently acquired truckzilla plates. Can't believe they used such a non standard size.
Found this page:- https://www.innovative-rc.com/product_info.php?products_id=259 after guinnessdublin recommended this site. It's the right shaft, no live stock but purchased one anyway, will see what their reply is. I did purchase one of these off eBay 'E2262 Mugen Seiki MBX8 115mm Centre Drive Shaft'. It fits perfect length wise but is only 3.6mm thick so not sure how long it will last with the k5.9 mill I'm running on my Truckzilla. The MBX8 is a 1/8 scale buggie so may last ok. Time will tell.

Attachments

• IMG_20220405_061918.jpg
    IMG_20220405_061918.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220405_061851.jpg
    IMG_20220405_061851.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 0
I know this dog bone is longer then you want but maybe worth giving these guys an email to see if they can help! 👍🏻

https://www.innovative-rc.com/product_info.php?products_id=793
guinnessdublin, a big thank you to you for that link. Got on to Robert at Innovative-RC, he was on holiday for a couple of weeks but now back and my new Truckzilla rear centre shaft has arrived. Although they showed no live stock the shaft was delivered in 3 days of his return. 113mm long 5mm thick with 8mm ball ends, a perfect fit and at a cost £8.29 including shipping. So once again Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20220415_095444.jpg
    IMG_20220415_095444.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220415_095427.jpg
    IMG_20220415_095427.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220414_211617.jpg
    IMG_20220414_211617.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 2

It shows zero stock, but they have a listing for this. https://www.innovative-rc.com/product_info.php?products_id=259
It shows no live stock, but they make it when you order. It showed this when I ordered mine and it arrived in 3 days of receipt of my order. Excellent quality and service. Infact they sent me two for the price of one. Maybe this was because they were on holiday for 2 weeks and my order wasn't processed during this time. All I can say is if you need one these are the people to get it from.

Latest posts

Members online

Back