Truck Washing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JargonBomb

wLnf7PU.jpg

So, i've been working the last 10 days and it's almost time to go home. I've been running this puppy every chance I got up here and it's FILTY McNASTY! I'm planning on spraying it down with a general purpose cleaner, hosing it down and then using compressed air to dry it up.
Anyone got any advice / recommendations on cleaning?

I just take a rag and out some water on it. For future use you can put wd40 on everything so the mud and stuff doesn't stick as much.

(insert Elmer Fudd voice)Be vewwy vewwy caweful arownd the ewecwronics I don't bewieve they are water wesistant.... ;) :eek:

I second the wd40. Started using wd40 silicone lube after cleaning with wd40. Stays clean. I got halfway across the field here when I started bogging down in mud.

I may remove the radio box just so I can thoroughly clean the whole truck. I will give a good spray of WD-40 on it afterwards and give that a try. Thanks boys!

A mixture of simple green and water in a spray bottle has served me very well. CowRC.com also has a cleaning solution that also works very well.

Ok so I found some mud hole at a local bashing spot here and now my truck is dirty as all get out...so I'm wondering if y'all think it would be good to pull the electronics and spray it down with water to get it cleaned..I'm planning on tomorow tearing it down to check the doffs and gearbox to make sure they didn't get any mud in it and clean them up and I got a new filter today so I'm not worried about it just don't wana hurt anything else..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 11
That's why I run waterproof servos, balloon/silicone/ziptie my receiver and battery pack. Then I just cover the air filter with a baggie and hit it with a hose, then shake it dry and drop some lube on the axle joints. I usually air can dry the engine.

It's just the electronics you should have to worry about getting wet. Not a bad idea to check diffs (but that has a gasket) and transmission for any carnage. After you do get it all clean, i do recommend what Colton and a few others mentioned and give the whole truck a spray with WD-40. It really does help keep the truck cleaner and easier to maintain!

Latest posts

Members online

Back