truck drifts to the right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juddmyers

My truck pulls to one side for some reason. I can't figure it out. I have recentered the steering servo and it doesn't appear to have helped. By looking at it I think that one wheel is off and the other isn't.

Where do i start? If the servo is stripped how can I tell? I have looked at all of it without taking it apart and nothing looks bent or broke.

Should I pull the steering servo and open it open, maybe see if something is stripped inside?

Judd

my truck was doing the same thing, couldnt figure it out I toed the font wheels out and it was still happening. I then noticed my one tire would balloon up more then the other and thats what was causing mine to drift. I just gotta get better foam in my big joes

wow... I would have never thought of that. Not sure how to check that out or even how to fix it.

Now that I think about it, I don't think my tire is balloning up. I say that because one looks off centered.

What do you mean by off centered? Have you checked all the wheel bearings? If one seizes up than it will make that tire not spin as easily and that will make the truck pull to one side or the other.

You also stated that one wheel is off center, you may want to try turning in your turnbuckle to even out the toe of your tires so they have the same degree. / \ or \ / or | | on the front end.

Are you still running the stock servo? If so you might want to pull it and check the gears inside, they are a cheapish plastic, I rounded the center gear off on my 4th run when i got my new 4.6 I switched to metal gear afterwards.

Also check your servo saver/steering turnbuckle to make sure there isnt a loose screw or play. If the servo saver is loose it could make your truck pull to one side.

Thanks for all the good tips.

I will open the servo and see what it looks like inside.

I am pretty sure the right wheel is toed to the outside when the left wheel is centered. I figured I could adjust the turnbuckel to fix it but figured that was a bandaid and that I should fix the actual problem. It wasn't like this before. I am on about 6 tanks of fuel, so I will see if the servo is toast.

Thanks,

Judd

Usually you want the front wheels to be toed in / \ just a little bit this will help the truck to track straighter atleast once you have the trim set up correctly on the radio.

I noticed that there is too much "PLAY" or WOBBLE on all four tires/rims... Lost for terminology but I think if we had some spacers to go in between the Pin and hub to take out some of the slack it would allow the tire to run with less WOBBLE. This would allow for better top end control/correction at speed. It may also help cure your "WONDERING" SAVAGE issue.

So where can we find some THIN "SPACERS"?

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

I took my servo apart today and checked it out, nothing looks stripped.

Seems this is almost a mystery problem, I just can't get to the bottom of it. I may have to resort to taking it to the local shop to check out.

Judd

i have a simaliar problem with my savy i did a servo upgrade on both servo's and now my front wheels are pointed like this | / when i line them up with the back tires. the degree of outward angle on the right is not quite that bad but it is noticeable and pulls that way. the truck has not been bashed on too hard yet so i don' think major is broken. so to fix this problem what should i look at first? thanks

i have a simaliar problem with my savy i did a servo upgrade on both servo's and now my front wheels are pointed like this | / when i line them up with the back tires. the degree of outward angle on the right is not quite that bad but it is noticeable and pulls that way. the truck has not been bashed on too hard yet so i don' think major is broken. so to fix this problem what should i look at first? thanks

All you should have to do it adjust the turnbuckle so both tires tip in at the front of the truck ever so slightly. Your goal is to have everything so that the trim on the remote is centered otherwise you loose stroke to one side other the other.

Turnbuckle/Tierod. Its the bar that gets pushed on by the servo to steer the truck they are also in the back unless you are running the integy rear hub carriers. If you turn them it will either steer them out or in depending on which difection you turn them.

The part you want to turn looks like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMDB7&P=7 unless you have the older savage then it doesnt have the hex part on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back