Truck Cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevage

I'm wondering how all you guys clean your trucks when it gets very dirty.What kind of solution do you use,because the nitro cleaners can get very expensive and how often do you clean them.

I clean them every run ... Also I use simple green and a air compressor .. spray it on blow it off works great.... And makes the truck smell good

I take my wheels off, radio tray out and motor out and hit it with the water hose.

Comes out looking really clean and then I just get a brush to clean the tires or I wash them to.

Then to dry it off I have a fan I use and let it sit in front of the fan for awhile and do something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use purple power and the water hose and like jester said always a good dry job to get the water out.

Hey Jester,whats that simple green stuff,is it something that you make or do you buy it.one more question,how often do you clean your air filter.

Your local hardware store will have it. Now if they have it in the gallon is another question. I usually mix it with denatured alcohol then hit it with the air compressor. And change the air filter every few runs depending on how dusty the driving conditions are.

most of the time i use denatured alcohol if it is really dirty i use that and simple green with some wd40 for good measure

Yep I Found That A Toothbrush Works Great For Getting All The Gunk Off My Right Rear Tire That The Exhaust Has Splattered All Over It! Have Ordered A Exhaust Deflector As I'm Tired Of There Always Being One Tire Thats A Goopy Mess! Lol And IF Its Just "dusty Sand" I Have A Old Paintbrush I Use, Works Great!and as far as my air filter i clean it on average about every 5 tanks or so unless i was running the truck in real dusty conditions!!! and i clean the fuel filter at that time as well just to be safe!

About the simple green stuff,does it matter if you get it on your engine or electronics.Hey Shaun,what kind of exhaust deflector are you gettin,I'm thinkin about gettin one.

I'm grabbing a general silicone one i think its called, its 100% silicone and its like $4 dollars here in canada! imgrabbing it from great hobbies as its in canada as well

The Part Number For The One I'm Getting Is Gscedsp-exhaust Deflector Small (purple) As I Have The Purple Ribbed Pipe So It Will Match Lol

great hobbies is areally good place to deal with!! hundreds and hundreds of products, and great service to!! i've spent about $900.00 dollars there lol!" i bought my truck frome them!!!"

I Have A Dual Rear Exhaust On The Way, We'll See How It Works!!! Atleast The Gunk Will Fly Out The Back!! Lmao BUT IF ITS LOOSES TORQUE I'm GONNA JUST SELL IT TO MY BUDDY!

I used to hose mine down before but it ruins the bearings.

Hey Jester ,i got simple green today and i'm wondering if you mix the stuff with water or do you just spray it on just how it is.

Hey Jester ,i got simple green today and i'm wondering if you mix the stuff with water or do you just spray it on just how it is.

I was also wondering if people mix with alcohol or water. I have cleaned all the parts of my truck today with a water and simple green mix but I am just worried a bit about rust. All the bit came up real nice after the simple green and a blast with the air compressor.

well as long as you dry it real good you should be fine then oil and lube all your bearings. Water can and will get through those sealed bearings for your wheeles so hit them with oil they have those small needle bearing oilers. they work good for getting inside the seals.

After looking at my parts tonight a bit of wd40 might not go a stray. even though I dried the bits with a blast from the air compressor there was still enough water to create a small amount of surface rust.

I was also wondering if people mix with alcohol or water. I have cleaned all the parts of my truck today with a water and simple green mix but I am just worried a bit about rust. All the bit came up real nice after the simple green and a blast with the air compressor.

One Spray bottle can make 30 gallons of cleaner ,,, I would mix it w/ some water .. I DO !

Thanks Blazer.One more question,will that affect the performance some.

It's possible... Infact it may improve your proformance some. My bud put a silicon stinger on his pipe and it helpped greatly in the area of proformance.
I susspect that the silicon stinger creates more back pressure to the fuel tank, thus adding an increased amount of fuel pressure to the carb. A slight re-tunig may be needed, but that's no biggie.

I clean them every run ... Also I use simple green and a air compressor .. spray it on blow it off works great.... And makes the truck smell good

i use simple green on my real car. do you take your radio equipment out? surely you just don't spray your whole setup down with simple green and blow it off? I hope that question isnt too polish

Latest posts

Members online

Back