Trouble Turning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with JR this is the best forum I go on too. There always seems to 1 or 2 smart a@@es ys know ? Everyone seems really nice here.... Rick

WoW yes very cool for a second I thought there was going to be blows lol and I do drive In dirt and low cut grass some mud I live out in the country have an acre of land and trying to decide how to build my track with realistic turns for my truck I kinda figured that the tires that I'm presently running on or the dirt bonz stock tires not a lot of tread plus I'm finding that my bat. pack in the savage needs to be upgraded.. plus yes a better servo. I recently replaced the fuel lines and now the engine runs better giving me more power I'm running thestock gear and slipper gear that came with the truck my shocks and well basically the whole truck is STOCK. but payday is tomarrow so LHS here I come.... and yeah this is the best Forum Ive found

You started it lol. I think we can all agree, that this hobby involves alot of research and even more trial and error and what works for one guy, might be exactly what the next guy doesn't need. I think the best advece I have heard in any of my hobbies is "let the machine tell YOU what it needs", and that is what I try to tell everyone else. I know it sucks throwing money away, but my wife thinks I did that when I bought it.lol

LOL mine too. I was also looking at jrstorms truck with the big tires I like that and that would also help to ahh Its all good in the neighborhood...I'm just glad I found this site....

i agree with all. it is all what your truck needs. we are all from diffrent places and what works for one dosent always work for another. the thing we all can do is to share what has worked for us and what hasn't.as for me the best thing i ever did was to put the sts engine in my truck and the header tank then the tires and wheels. in the soft sand i run in those huge tires relly let the truck bite in the sand but also let me drive it on the street too. when i posted on other sites there were all kinds of people saying the overheating was the tuning, and where i run at. iv been tuning 2 strooke engines for 20 years and nitro for 3-4 and they are diffrent but almost exactly the same in a lot of ways. the thing iv noticed on other sites is there are people who are always correct and not willing to try somthing diffrent to see what it dose. i really like that termonology, let the machine tell you what it needs. thats pretty much true, these engines and trucks will talk to us and tell what they need if we just listen and figgure out what it is doing and see what works and what dosent work. well i really think there is a great bunch of great guys here to bounce ideas off of.

oh yea one thing this site really needs is a chat room so we all can talk at one time live. or atleast a groupe instant messaging system.i know we got the shout box but I'm thinking of somthing that is more suted for instant conversations. we would fill the shout box up too quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great idea, and the only thing missing from this site. Maybe we should try using the shout box more often. I know when I get on, until recently, I kind of ignore the shoutbox at first. I don't know all the details about it, but it seems like that is what it is for.

well I bashed inbetween the rain today and just praticedgoing in circles in a tight area you know when the grass is wet its harder to turn lol. but got it down now man I need to start my course cant wait till summer and all this stupid rain goes away. you know the weather man says its going to be 30 tomarrow and possibly snow here in the bay area WoW. thats very cold...

it takes some time to learn how the truck drives. i had to since putting in the sts engine. it runs like its supposed to now . I'm finally able to bash like the savage was designed to be run.sometimes i can blip the throttle some to get it to steer better. but the sand i run in isnt the easiest to turn in anyway.but on pavement it turns like its on rails.also check out the 2 screws on the bottom of the truck. the ones that go into the servo saver from the bottom, if their too tight it will bind the steering.[i forgot about those] i tightened them real tight once and found i had no steering under load.it also wore my batterys down quickly.its easy to over tighten those.

Ho really thats interesting thanx I'll check mine. finally got the Avatar I wanted thats my truck..

I think I might have got my self into some trouble. to day I was out bashin around getting totally into it to got the truck slidin sideways and just rippin around on loose gravel I did flip only once and that is when my air cleaner fell off. I didnt know this untill after I was done running. I forgot to zip tye the thing on I ran for about 5to 8 min. without the air cleaner the truck ran ok but I'm afraid to run it again ...... Should I take the motor down and clean it or what should I do ... not worry or what?

do you think it got sand in it? if i was running mine in the sugar sand i run in id do a good clean and inspect. but if you wernt runing in dusty condtions it might be ok. they say never run it without the air filter,though.id probally clean it out just to make sure. if anything pull the head and flush it with fresh fuel. and maby take off the backplate to check there too.pull out the gp and see what it looks like. do you see dirt in the throat of the carb?

yeah just alittle dusty looking I should just tear it down not take any chances

Well last night I opened the motor and cleaned every thing the carb and all It looked ok inside just alittle grimmy put it back together and I run it later today...

you know one other thing this fuel I'm running leaves a bluish green kinda slime I see it in the exhaust but my pipe is solid (closed up) so do I just soak it in a solvent or what its the hpi sport tuned aluminum pipe...

Some of the fuels have a dye in there so you can see inside the tank. Odennals is the one that doesn't have any dye and its a clear and hard to see. One good thing about have the dye in there is when you do a port and polish you can see the parts that need a little work.

I did it myself, was pretty scared at first took me a long tim eto get the nerve up to do it, but am glad I did it. Its a new truck that .25 opened up with a port and polish.

I did mine too. The instructions seem a little unclear at first, but when you get into it, it makes more sense. I got great results, and had a great time doing it, but I too was crazy nervous. The only downfall I noticed, was it cut my run times down a couple minutes or so. You should have the 4.6 though and when I did mine I don't think anybody tried it on one yet. Maybe you can be the first...hahaha.

thats somthing that I would like to try but I want to have an extra sleave just incase I screw up is there anydirections on how or did you just go by looks if you don't mind telling your secrets....?

There used to be a link on this site with the directions. That's how I did mine, and I can't even begin to explain it. They might still be hidden in here somewhere, but I can't find them right now. Someone will probably come across with them seeing this. You will want an extra crank too. I wish I could be more help sorry dude.

check your batteries and get one with metal gears.. servo that is

good lord reading this from when I was a new bee is pretty funny. I'm just now starting the porting job on the .25 lol thats funny

I think it also has to do with CG. (Center of Gravity) On your truck, look at all the wieght and mass thats above your axils. Lowering your CG will dramatically improve this lifting problem. You'll sacifice some ride hieght and maybe not want to get big air but your handling will be killer. For an experiment, take some large, long, tie-wraps and strap down your susspension equally, through the A-arms and body mounts, or where you can find a good spot and nip off the tie-wrap ends. Now give it spin. With street tires, It's like turnning your truck into a sports car. It's great for pavement racing. just remove the ties at the end of the day so you don't weaken your springs over time.

YEAH but at the time I wrote this I didnt know that there were after market parts I mean the thread is from March 2006

Latest posts

Members online

Back