Trouble on start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renots

So, I’m fairly new to rc trucks and I’m having a problem when I start my savage x.
It starts great, then it immediately goes to half throttle with the wheels engaged. If I trigger the gas at all it goes to full throttle. I’m at a loss for what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Probably need to adjust your throttle trim on the radio, or your throttle linkages, or both. With your throttle trim set at 0, the carb should be closed enough to rest on the idle set screw in the carb and the brakes should not be engaged.

Thanks! I’ll give that a try.
I first tried to adjust the idle. But, it just ended up killing the engine.

With the throttle at home/neutral/zero, the servo should be gently pressing the carb closed far enough to flex the linkage a bit and hold the slide on the idle set screw. About 1mm of space should be visible when you look down the throat of the carb when it's resting against the idle screw. Then you adjust it for your preference once it's running.

Same thing happen to me as a newbie .. then I found out it was the flywheel bearings .. might wanna check them I replaced mine and had no problem since

Latest posts

Members online

Back