Traxxas style hex adapters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X

Conspiracy of One
HPISF Staff
HPISF Supporter
There has been a few threads recently asking about using Traxxas wheels or wheels that have the Traxxas spline on the hex hubs. I came across a hub set made for the Savage that takes care of that.

upload_2016-6-16_15-21-7.png

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=HSF10X07;c=203

Somebody will have to give them a shot and tell us how they do!

i seen them and wondered if to get them, might do i been looking for some wheels and tires so i search a wider range i didn't no they for traxxas wheels it just said 17mm hex hub

If only you'd have found this a few weeks ago I'd have gladly been the guinea pig.

Amazing what wandering the internet finds. I was looking through Hot racing for my ECX RCs and decided to look at their Savage stuff.

As you say, wish I had seen them weeks ago!

I like the idea, but would be afraid of the fitment since it's hot-racing. They tend to not be spot on, like integy, and you could be stuck with hubs that don't line up right for the pins.

What's the large purple ring for? To key to the spokes on the rim? Would be a tough as nails setup if that's the case. Keying to the hex and to the spokes.

@olds97_lss that's the purpose. I read up on them. They're supposed to latch onto the webbing in the back side of the wheels to help prevent stripping of the hex. Downside is they're designed for the Warlock wheels, so the back plate may not work with other wheels. In a few weeks, I plan to get a set. If I do, I'll post up a review.

I saw a similar question posed on HPI Savage Central on Facebook. 2 or 3 people chimed in saying they loved them. They didn't go into any specifics though.

Latest posts

Members online

Back