Traxxas Slash?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE JUDGE

I know, I know, I posted a bad word in my thread title...but I just can't stop looking at these. I just love the scale looks, and it seems Traxxas wants people to race them together...they even hve nerf bars under the shell so you can rub some fenders. What makes it the most tempting is that they're waterproof and only $200 RTR...and I keep hearing about tracks considering a "spec class" for them.

traxxas-slash-short-course-race-truck.jpg

I'm curious...Does this look as fun to anyone else as it does to me? Or have I finally gone over the edge? Or both?

I would love to hear y'alls opinions...Father's Day is coming soon...

I think the Losi Desert Truck is different than the Slash. They're both 1/10th and such, and they both are made to look realistically scaled...I guess maybe they're more similar than I thought!

But really, I think the Slash is meant to be more of a short-course off-road style racer, whereas the Desert Truck is more of a dune cruising type...?

Ya, I saw that...it's cool, but a whole different truck...the tires still stick out of the body and all that. Also, the Slash is as big as a Savage (!) partially because of the huge bodyshell. However, if any other companies make something competitive with the Slash, I would def. consider them too...My luck, someone else would make one a week after I got a Slash!

I still like the look of savage, revo or truggies more. But it is good for the hobby.

I got my eye on the Losi truck. Got to mess with it at the LHS and I'm still waiting to hear how good it is. If it's half as good as it looks, it will be mine!

Edit:
I was thinking about it and would rather have the wheels outside the body as inside would collect dust and rocks I'd imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a losi fan more than a Traxxas fan but I will never buy the losi desert truck.....The only thing that the Losi Desert Truck has had the cage added to it, bumper and different tires added to the Losi XXX-T, where-as the Slash has been completely built

i stopped in at our new lhs and a guy just had bought one of these and it was on the front counter so i took a look at it, they look ok, but the only traxxas i owned was the nitro 4-tech, i had a lot of problems with that so thats why i went to hpi.

It looks like fun ,if people around me got them an started to race them i would get one,but i wouldnt buy one just to have one.

eny of you guys rember the Tamiya trucks thats what this truck is based off of. but i been thinkin of buy one of these cuse how cheap it is and cool it looks. or one of the Tamiya trucks also cuse hwo cheap they are

Latest posts

Members online

Back