Traxxas DVD Break-In Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey i have bin told dat da traxxas break in method is one of the best has ne one tried it b4

+1 ^^^. Nice work FX. I have read that people say WD40 isn't a good after run oil but never found out why. Anyone know? I notice they use it in those vids for after run.

I'm not sure why they say its bad but it is a great thing because its a great rust prohibiter, it lubracates things, it will wick away water, and best of all it will help atart your truck next time as it will combust in the chanber. I personally don't use ARO unless the truck is going to sit around for a while(longer than a week).

I'm not sure why they say its bad but it is a great thing because its a great rust prohibiter, it lubracates things, it will wick away water, and best of all it will help atart your truck next time as it will combust in the chanber. I personally don't use ARO unless the truck is going to sit around for a while(longer than a week).

That's exactly what I would of thought but I have seen people that are strongly opposed to it. Like most recently an ebay auction stating never used WD40 as after run.

My truck has been sitting for 4+ months with anything WD-40 or ARO. I really should put some WD-40 in it.

Yes this whole WD-40 as a ARO has been a big debate for awhile now.It all depends on who ask.Some have been using for years with no problems and some say that it evaporates too quickly compared to ARO.My personal opinion is to use Mystery oil and only when I don't plan on starting motor for over a week.But I'm sure the debate will continue....Dave

NEVER USE WD-40
wots WD-40 do
Yes it lubricates but it also removes grease from bearings so then there is no grease in the bearings and they can fail
i use castrol 3 in 1 oil it lubricates the piston but it wont remove grease and it also stops rust like WD-40
my 2 cents

I have read a few comments saying that WD40 is bad for rubber seals. Hence it shouldn't be used.

This is true, I trashed a few bearings because I sprayed WD-40 on them. If it got into your front bearing that would not be good.

Latest posts

Members online

Back