Transmitter Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageGlasgow

Hi Guys,

I am fairly new to the forum and recently purchased a Savage X 4.6 RTR. In the past, all my cars had a standard two-stick transmitter and I must say I much prefer these to the wheel one that came with the truck.

I want to swap it out with a stick one - is this an easy process? What transmitter would you recommend?

Cheers
Dave

Have a look at spekrums range, maybe there' something for you. As for replacing the receiver, its not hard at all. Just remove the old one and place in the new one. just don't get the throttle and steering servos mixed. Although it make driving very entertaining :p

As for "2 stick radios". They are more focused towards air type RC, they generally have a tonne of buttons and switches for it. I'm sure with a little fidgeting you'd be able to get them working well with an rc truck. They do, from what I've seen with a quick google, seem to be more expensive in general to the surface style radios.

Sounds like a cheap way out, but imho you'd be better off learning and getting used to the Wheel/Trigger configuration for surface RCs.

This is the way the market is heading, and has done for quite some time. I know it feels weird, I was in the same boat as you are in now.

Its like learning to ride a bike, once you get the hang of it you'll never forget. Just make sure the transmitter steering isn't reversed. (i.e. when you turn left it goes right and vise versa).

Members online

Back