Transmission lube?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanos

Hi guys! I was adjusting the 2nd gear timing and noticed that all the gears in the transmission are dry and clean. Is that OK, or should there be some kind of lubrication in the gears? (There is no problem with my new Savage X 4.6 I am just wondering).

Thanks,
Thanos

yep just keep it dry (water) and it will be fine. If I play in the water or snow I will use wd-40 hose it in swish and dump. But that only to keep out rust not to lube it..

Excellent. Much appreciate your reply. Have a great day (or evening wherever you guys are…)
Thanos

yep just keep it dry (water) and it will be fine. If I play in the water or snow I will use wd-40 hose it in swish and dump. But that only to keep out rust not to lube it..
I drove my savage xl in water and the next day while planning to clean the truck the front diff bearing was damaged and broken, so i made full inspection to check all & sprayed wd40 in trans,diffs, rods... all metals. The trans was sprayed two three times and flipped it over after each time to remove the extra liquid. So is it ok or i need to do brake cleaner to remove the wd40 on the the gears??

I drove my savage xl in water and the next day while planning to clean the truck the front diff bearing was damaged and broken, so i made full inspection to check all & sprayed wd40 in trans,diffs, rods... all metals. The trans was sprayed two three times and flipped it over after each time to remove the extra liquid. So is it ok or i need to do brake cleaner to remove the wd40 on the the gears??
this is fine, I put a little grease in my tranny and have never had a problem.

Super Lube Synthetic Grease is what I use for years now and have never had an issue with having grease in the tranny.

this is fine, I put a little grease in my tranny and have never had a problem.

Super Lube Synthetic Grease is what I use for years now and have never had an issue with having grease in the tranny.

Same. I just don't go nuts with it, but I do put a touch of lucas red-n-tacky on the gears, then spin them to work it around and wipe off any excess.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back