Track Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeGuam

I been looking around for a rolling Hauler Bag/Box for the track. I'm not tight with money but I wasn't about to fork out $200-$300 for one. <--I'll use the money for one of Robins modified engines. I measured the truck diamensions and found a box that will fit both my Savage XL and my sons E Revo Brushless all in one box. I travel alot and if i wanted to bring my trucks with me i will not worry about damages. It meets airline and postal requirements.

Paid $57.98

The top can be used for a work bench at the track without having to share tables with others that you are going to race against. Work in secret! LOL
Four slots provided to place your hardware and BEER. Your imagination can take you far. Ok, enough it sounds like I am sale person.

2384f8bf.jpg

2ab006c3.jpg

419b37f3.jpg

0ad4b213.jpg

3e5b449e.jpg

2e46cb40.jpg

Weather Proof
Dimensions 39.7"L x 24"W x 19.2"H
Uses 4" Padlocks for extra security, Heavy-duty Lid Stays

http://www.jttintl.com/

I will be working on a shelving system, bolt/nut organizer, and tool essentials in the future. I can fit three trucks IF I put in the work.

looks good, I'm interested to see how you get 2 trucks in there, it looks tight with one but if you say it will fit I'm sure it will.

your son's truck is tight!

thats a very very kl box! ive been looking for something similar but i haven't been able to find a decent one yet..... I want to see how you mod the box to suit your needs... keep me posted

Two set of tires already on the trucks, (2) 40 series wheels and tire, phaltlines, Dirt bonz, and (2) transmiters. One hot wheels truck on the bottom. Haha

b49db4ac.jpg

The clearance

54327e8d.jpg

1/2 left to close

d99dfddb.jpg

I can put foam for assurance, but it still did not touch.

Closed no problems

e77f32fc.jpg

Another look with the trucks outside of box
(2) trucks with the work stand right side up

4142bc1a.jpg

Stand upside down over the Savage
56703223.jpg

Clearance on the savage and stand 1/2 inch on both front and rear of truck

979b3650.jpg

56703223.jpg

I had removed the two sides of the stand

Revo suspension and arms clearing Savage body

caf5dd22.jpg

7c176fa7.jpg

Now install the two sides of the stand back to keep the trucks in place

2936f845.jpg

The end result and the two trucks in the box. WAAHLAA

d2387be5.jpg

Joe, you are my new idol - I love all the kick-a$$ ideas you come up with - I am DEFINATELY gonna steal that one! I have been looking for a folding table, and don't want to have to store it - I have one of those rolly boxes (similar, but not quite the same) - I was thinking about getting one of those platforms that go into the trailer hitch, and making that a workstation - this idea takes the cake - especially the work station attached to the handle!

Here's an idea for you - since you have attached it to the handle, might be hard to maneuver around it, flip it, etc. I made this with a LeveLock from eBay:

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

You can get the hinge\adjustable platform for like $50 (or less if you shop around). Mae sure you get the T10-327 model - it includes the female mount for the platform, other models are designed for boats with existing rod holders... Anyways, if you put this on that end platform, you should be golden!

As for storage on the go, I am gonna be picking up one of these from AC Moore. It has 6 organizer trays inside the bag, plus pouches for tools on the outside. Aside from the immediate need to remove the girlie stitching on the outside, it is actually quite handy, and can be used on a workbench too to store and separate all your hardware. And for the larger parts, I have one, also from AC Moore, but I can't find the link, that has all configurable compartments - like $7/ea.

I tried to rep you, but it complained that I need to rep someone else before I rep you again LOL.

Bob

That's sweet Joe. Nice brain storming and creative on getting that all in the box and keeping it safe and secure. Where you get that box?and what brand is it. Sounds like my next debt to the wallet. But wondering if the xl will fit with the big joes on it. If it does then my trucks should fit. I use a set of rpm wheels that are almost full offset. Wife truck. And I get lazy hate having to build a truck in the field before I can run it. Put tires on ect. Uhhhhg.

Where did you find it for that price? I only see it for $99.99. Can we get inner dimensions? Some of us have wider trucks and they may not fit.

Joe, you are my new idol - I love all the kick-a$$ ideas you come up with - I am DEFINATELY gonna steal that one! I have been looking for a folding table, and don't want to have to store it - I have one of those rolly boxes (similar, but not quite the same) - I was thinking about getting one of those platforms that go into the trailer hitch, and making that a workstation - this idea takes the cake - especially the work station attached to the handle!

Here's an idea for you - since you have attached it to the handle, might be hard to maneuver around it, flip it, etc. I made this with a LeveLock from eBay:

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

You can get the hinge\adjustable platform for like $50 (or less if you shop around). Mae sure you get the T10-327 model - it includes the female mount for the platform, other models are designed for boats with existing rod holders... Anyways, if you put this on that end platform, you should be golden!

As for storage on the go, I am gonna be picking up one of these from AC Moore. It has 6 organizer trays inside the bag, plus pouches for tools on the outside. Aside from the immediate need to remove the girlie stitching on the outside, it is actually quite handy, and can be used on a workbench too to store and separate all your hardware. And for the larger parts, I have one, also from AC Moore, but I can't find the link, that has all configurable compartments - like $7/ea.

I tried to rep you, but it complained that I need to rep someone else before I rep you again LOL.

Bob

very creative... great idea!!! Nice work!

That's sweet Joe. Nice brain storming and creative on getting that all in the box and keeping it safe and secure. Where you get that box?and what brand is it. Sounds like my next debt to the wallet. But wondering if the xl will fit with the big joes on it. If it does then my trucks should fit. I use a set of rpm wheels that are almost full offset. Wife truck. And I get lazy hate having to build a truck in the field before I can run it. Put tires on ect. Uhhhhg.

Where did you find it for that price? I only see it for $99.99. Can we get inner dimensions? Some of us have wider trucks and they may not fit.

Thanks. The idea was prompted when I read Bob's story last month.
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14993
Sucks to have to set up and repair way back of the crowd because you came late. Since it has wheels, why not roll it up to the front. Bob your idea just make a better modification. My stand was something I made months back I just had to lengthen it 2 inches to bottom and widen the stand 1 inch to accomodate the XL width.
As far as the XL it will fit and will just stand alittle higher with the 40 series. The shocks will not be compressed arms will look like this / \ instead of sitting naturally __ __
You can get more head room if you remove the tires from the trucks. I just posted it with tires so you can get the idea.
Look at the first post i had left the company name for information. Google it by name and you should be able to find it for like $62. I had the military special order it the beginning of Feb. Well guys thanks for stopping by and be sure to give more great ideas. Since I have two of these boxes I am going to put this on the back burner and complete my build of the truck first. When I get the truck up and running I will be sure to visit this Box again.

I can't find it anywhere for less than $100, most places cheaper want you to go to the store - and they are 1000+ miles away :)

And wouldn't ya know - mine doesn't hold my Savage :(

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Gonna have to visit Tractor Supply tho!

Bob

I hope this helps.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/Servic...Id=10551&catalogId=10001&content=satisfaction $$89.99
Location. Brentwood, TN 37027
I think ruralking has it if $69 but only in the store purchase

http://www.spyfu.com/Term.aspx/Term.aspx?t=830782&org=50

Store locators
http://www.http://www.ruralking.com/store-locator/
tractorsupply.com/StoreByStateView?storeId=10551&catalogId=10001

I should of kept a record of stores that I had searched. If I am not mistaken the lowest i had seen was $59.00 plus $12.00 shipping to Japan (USPS priority). The military special ordered mine so that is why it is way cheap.

I can't find it anywhere for less than $100, most places cheaper want you to go to the store - and they are 1000+ miles away :)

And wouldn't ya know - mine doesn't hold my Savage :(

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Gonna have to visit Tractor Supply tho!

Bob

Love your trucks. You got me to brain storm some more and now I want to may got get some stuff to complete one box.

The pictures was done in a hurry because I was challenged to show that I can fit two trucks and still have lots of room. Thanks for getting me off my A** Fred and JAH1. OHHH YAH! mission complete, but I know I can configure something else to get more room and do the organizer idea. I do not know how to post videos yet. I want to show how very very sturdy and Gianormous this thing is. I weight 185 and I can jump on the top of the box with no little flex. I know you are going to make the box so functional that it is going to have a hydraulic lift and state of the are robo system to move it for you. How about that for ideas. I hope that is enough of a tease for you to give us your work of art.

The reason I asked for the inner dimensions was because some people run different axle extenders, different offset wheels, etc. For example people who run SPI wheels have some extreme offset and their trucks are wider than an XL with 40 series. I run the Goliath tires on Tremor wheels which are really wide but I think the extra width on these is to the inside of the tires.

The reason I asked for the inner dimensions was because some people run different axle extenders, different offset wheels, etc. For example people who run SPI wheels have some extreme offset and their trucks are wider than an XL with 40 series. I run the Goliath tires on Tremor wheels which are really wide but I think the extra width on these is to the inside of the tires.

Mike the dimensions 39.7"L x 24"W x 19.2"H. I just got to work "Japan".... If you want when I get home I can put on the 40 series rims with the Big Joes and see how that pans out. I was able to put the truck in width wise but I had to take off both front and rear bumpers (8) screws and (4) spacers. The axles on mine are XL's.

I wish I hadn't already ordered one of HPI's track luggages. I would have done like you and built one, I also have been looking at some of the 1/10 scale trucks for my son. I would love to be able to tote all of us in one box.
I know I am a newby, but the PVC stands that I see everyone using are they all homemade or are you guys buying them someplace, I would love to see a write up on it if so. I am currently using a felt lined speaker box, which looks nice in the garage. However, I would like one of these PVC ones so that when I clean the truck off the dirt and liquids just roll off.

That box looks good. Fallen. The pvc stands are home made there's a thread on them. Can't link it from my phone. If your looking for a nitro 1/10 scale for your son look into the hpi firestorm. I just bought one for my brother broke it in. Its pretty fun. Has plenty of power. Look at the stand you like count the elbows n T's and go from there.

Updated

I response to the inquiries here are the pictures of the (2) trucks. Savage FLM EXT Chassis with the Big Joe (40 series) and XL axles but no extensions. Questions keep me trying new ideas. I was able to fit more things.

Inside: It fits!
9a713d4a.jpg

Had to take off the Savage body only, so the lid can close. If I cut two shorter pieces of PVC's I can make it work for the Savage to keep it's body.
fc6113f5.jpg

Mock up outside
b7aec050.jpg

Clearance
462343e0.jpg

12ad6a2f.jpg

0034377b.jpg
43e0.jpg[/IMG]

1st option. Tool Box, AC/DC Hyperion charger, (2) Transmitters, and 3 extra sets of tires with room to spare.
7064516a.jpg

2nd Option which I think is better. Smaller Tool Box, AC/DC Hyperion charger, (2) Transmitters, (2) Gallons of fuel, (2) 3S LiPo batteries. With this set up I can put only (2) additional sets of tires inside but :thinking:
a6f9ce5d.jpg

Bodies sitting on the tires
0bc7ee1c.jpg

Mock up outside
c2c1ccc6.jpg

63562dcb.jpg

Remember those tires. I put it on the top of the lid with the Idea of making a mount bracket or rope to string through the center holes and secure the rope on the sides. There is a recess grove where the tires are.
d47882ac.jpg

3d9f1744.jpg

1ec23ee3.jpg

Done guys! What do you think?

That box is HUGE! nice mock up of how things would fit... by the way, are those hpi tremor rims on phatlines? how do u find them? as well as looks? Is it possible for you to weigh the rim/tire combination? Do they have any offset?

I was thinking of going for 40series roadrage but not to sure yet.

That box is HUGE! nice mock up of how things would fit... by the way, are those hpi tremor rims on phatlines? how do u find them? as well as looks? Is it possible for you to weigh the rim/tire combination? Do they have any offset?

I was thinking of going for 40series roadrage but not to sure yet.

Yes it is the Black Tremor rims with the phatlines. I just thought since alot of people have the chrome I went with the black. I used to have the chrome before. Phaltlines people are great for the road. I think it is better than the 40 Series roadrage in my opinion. No off set for me yet and I wish to purchase a scale. Maybe ask Hypnotiq or Soulja. I think they have the same wheel and tire and a nice scale.

Man I have got to he one them noza. First one ice seen actually big enough to hold that much with the trucks in it to. Nice job Joe. Killer deal on it to.

Yah, I wish it was near some people who want it. I think Bob is going to purchase one in the future but there are no stores near him. If he purchases direct from the company he has to order a whole crate (6) boxes. If there are enough wanting it and near Bob maybe you all can make arrangments to order it that way. Just a thought. I do not have any trucks smaller than the Savage and E Revo. I am sure that you can fit one or two more trucks of a smaller scale. Thanks Maximuraylius. Killer Name too!

Thx Joe. Yeah that blows you have to buy a crate of them. Might be good idea like you said find 6 ppl wanting them and split it. I have stadium trucks. But I never take them out any more. I need it for my savys. They are really wide with the paddles and offset on them. Need it to put them in it for the dunes. Thx I got my name off gladiator. Lil different from his but same sound.

Man this is the first jobox that I have ssen large enough to hold our trucks... though it may still be slightly to small for guys running ext axles or offset rims?

I was planning on buying one of these:

http://www.duffelbags.com/store/products/DuffelGear_Mother_Of_All_Bags-1761-3.html

.. and then building an internal frame from the pvc (we all know how cheap that stuff is), and incorporate the same stand idea we are familiar with to hold the truck and a couple other dividers for fuel, wheels/tires, and maybe parts trays or whatever.

They probably have other sizes that would work as well, if you just wanted on for your truck and extra tires or something?

Maybe one of these for a field bag, or just what you need in the pit??

http://www.duffelbags.com/store/products/Tracker_Utility_Bag-1302-26.html

I may try the bag idea, if anyone is interested I'll be sure to post pictures.

It even has corner straps so you can safely secure it to the roof of your car, haha :)

Man this is the first jobox that I have ssen large enough to hold our trucks... though it may still be slightly to small for guys running ext axles or offset rims?

I was planning on buying one of these:

http://www.duffelbags.com/store/products/DuffelGear_Mother_Of_All_Bags-1761-3.html

.. and then building an internal frame from the pvc (we all know how cheap that stuff is), and incorporate the same stand idea we are familiar with to hold the truck and a couple other dividers for fuel, wheels/tires, and maybe parts trays or whatever.

They probably have other sizes that would work as well, if you just wanted on for your truck and extra tires or something?

Maybe one of these for a field bag, or just what you need in the pit??

http://www.duffelbags.com/store/products/Tracker_Utility_Bag-1302-26.html

I may try the bag idea, if anyone is interested I'll be sure to post pictures.

It even has corner straps so you can safely secure it to the roof of your car, haha :)

Is the 40 series tires not wide enough with XL Axles. If not, take off the tires and remove the bolts for the shock and now you can flex the suspension so the width is not a problem. Did you see what I fit in the box with additional room to add stuff inside. This box works for my application. How about transporting when flying by air. Them Cargo personnel do not care whats in the bag, case, luggage. They play shotput of who can throw the items marked FRAGILE the farthest.
That is definatley a big bag. Give it a shot and yes let us see the pictures.

that thing is pimpin but what about tools and other equipment?
Tools and equipment in Tool box. Maybe I used have open it. complete set of hex, screw drivers, philips, glow plug, roto start, batteries, gloves, and spare parts etc.

When you are as cool as Joe, you don't need tools, evrrything fixes itself :)

Not as cool as you Bob. Hah I wish!

Oh Crap, I saw the big joe's pic, but I thought they were on regular axles, not the extended XL ones, my bad dude. That box is definitely sweet then. Man I wish I still lived in IL... there are freakin like a thousand rural kings. I probably went to rural king like 2-3 times a month back home. Tractor Supplys are all over back home as well.

Japan?military? OKI or mainland? did mine on schwab and pushing to go back its a great place if your not an idiot.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back