Torn between two servos.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roger25118

The servo you listed should be more than powerful enough. Are you sure you don't have other issues? For instance if your servo saver was too loose it could cause your issue. Or perhaps there is binding in the linkage.

When the wheels are off the ground, they move fine. I'll check the servo saver, but I am sure that it is tight as the manual recommends(4 mm from the bottom).

Last edited:
I have to agree with X, a servo with 200 ozin is more than capable to steer the truck under most all conditions, disconnect the arm and check for something binding and do tighten the saver well.. let us know how it goes..

I checked for binding, all is well there. Should I tighten the saver all the way down or somewhere in between?

I cranked down the saver until there was a little gap between each coil. Now the wheels turn on carpet with no problem. I think that I will install the HD spring on the saver at a latter date.

Like the slipper clutch, I lock my steering servo saver down.

I cranked down the saver until there was a little gap between each coil. Now the wheels turn on carpet with no problem. I think that I will install the HD spring on the saver at a latter date.

Glad you figured it out.

It would of have not been so bad if I did not have to take out the whole front end.

I have the HD spring and I run a 172oz servo (hitec 985MG) that turns my traxxas 3.8 chevrons while on concrete. I'd switch over to that HD spring now vs waiting. It helps quite a bit.

Olds, the Tower TS-170 is a hitec clone(don't remember which one) but at 333 oz. @ 6.0 volts, it doesn't have any problem turning the tires(dirt bones) now that the saver is cranked down. I probably install the HD spring by spring time.

Latest posts

Members online

Back