***Top 5 1/8 MTs***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moflip78

Been a member here for quite awhile. But ive been in and out of the scene...I recently just Sold my Baja 5T and the rest of my RC stuff because we just had our first baby 7Months ago...

Wanting to start all over, I'd just like to hear from everyone here what's in now a days...what are the Top 8th scale trucks? The last time i was into this, the Savage, LST, MGT were the most popular. and truggies were just starting to get popular...i had the hot bodies truggy too and sold it back then...

What would you say are the Top 5 1/8 Monster Trucks these days??

hpisfoldskool

wow its still pretty much the same since i left...but my top 3 were the savage LST and MGT...the tmax and revo were ok so i guess they were 4th and 5th hehe although i like the ofna dominator back then.

I would have to vote for Cen Genisis and the XTM Mammoth MMT as my picks followed by the MGT and LST with savage coming in 5th having ran all but the Cen I think that about fills the top ....

I would disagree with the cen genisis. I have a friend who owns one and he after 2 years of owning it has never put lore then a tank and if he is lucky 2 tanks through it before the motor tears something out of the truck leaving him fixing something every run.

I would disagree with the cen genisis. I have a friend who owns one and he after 2 years of owning it has never put lore then a tank and if he is lucky 2 tanks through it before the motor tears something out of the truck leaving him fixing something every run.

A lot of times it is mostly user error when that happens.
At first my savage was like that. I was constantly shredding spurs and destroying diffs.But then I learned how to shim and set mesh correctly and that all went away.
Now I can run it for like 10-12 tanks before I have to do something to it.

I would agree with you but his cen was snapping dogbone pins, axles, transmissions. All of the things the end user has no real control over. He ended up selling it and buying a revo.

I would agree with you but his cen was snapping dogbone pins, axles, transmissions. All of the things the end user has no real control over. He ended up selling it and buying a revo.

Wow he bought a revo???? Thats one of the last trucks I would look to for durability. They break arms like crazy.

Yea that's what I was thinking but there are a few that run around here and they have good luck with them. They don't jump the trucks like I did with my savage. The look on their faces when I jumped mine off the top of the 40 ft tall pit wall was priceless. I got lucky landed on all 4 wheels and kept truckin.

Yea that's what I was thinking but there are a few that run around here and they have good luck with them. They don't jump the trucks like I did with my savage. The look on their faces when I jumped mine off the top of the 40 ft tall pit wall was priceless. I got lucky landed on all 4 wheels and kept truckin.

Yeah I know that look is hilarious. Its called "savage lust" lol

My favorite ever was the savage...the pic in my avatar made it to rc car action reader's rides. :D I thought i'd win something like a free subscription etc :) but anyway, the only thing i remember not liking about the savage was it was not easy to get to parts sometimes especially when you have fat hands like mine hehe...I loved the MGT as well because it raced well and parts were easier to get to.

My favorite ever was the savage...the pic in my avatar made it to rc car action reader's rides. :D I thought i'd win something like a free subscription etc :) but anyway, the only thing i remember not liking about the savage was it was not easy to get to parts sometimes especially when you have fat hands like mine hehe...I loved the MGT as well because it raced well and parts were easier to get to.

All trucks are like that when you first get them. When I got my first savage it was really hard to work on for me.
Once you learn where all the parts go and the tricks to get to them it becomes really easy.

The forum is gonna get busier...last time I had rc's i only had dumbphones now it's so easy to take and share vids

Yea when we try to Learn tuning or dismantling stuff you rely on what they write on the forums.no there's how to vids..
Btw I too just got back into 8th scales after 4years of doin 5th scales only.i just got 2 savs
,Lst and losi8ight buggy.traded 1 of my 5t.i just missed jumping mt heheh

got 2 savs ,1 with 4.6 engine and some stuff in it..1 got axial 28 mostly stock,lst aftershock has engine but needed piston/sleeve,losi8 buggy with vzb OS ENGINE..ALL 4 for my 5t.
\
dsc02863o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube_share;RNhV3CisJYk]http://youtu.be/RNhV3CisJYk[/video]

Tuning LST ... Still rich but I just love the smell of nitro again...:smiliejam:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back