Tools needed for Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronewbe

Hey everyone I was wondering if there is a tool kit for the hpi savage that has all the tools that u would need to work on the savage? Thanks for ur time

I don't know of such a kit. There are basic tools that came with each truck. You best bet is to open the manual for your savage and go through the list of needed tools and order what you need.

Having a good set of tools will save fasteners and make working on your rig much easier, a good quality #2 phillips and a good set of hex drivers are invaluable over the L wrenches that come with the rig when ya buy it new.....

A Main, Dynamite and others offer sets of hex drivers that are not too expensive and work well....

Look in your manual and see what tools are required. Some makers use metric, some standard and yet others mix them up (like Losi) There should be a list in the beginning of your manual describing all sizes needed. Get a GOOD set with fat handles, or a set that has interchangeable bits is usually available also. Check Tower hobby.

Thanks for all ur replies it has helped me out I'll start looking tools! I didn't get any tools with my truck nor a manual!!

Hey everyone I was wondering if there is a tool kit for the hpi savage that has all the tools that u would need to work on the savage? Thanks for ur time
There isn't a specific "tool kit" I'd recommend but I actually did a post on this very subject on another forum of ours. If you're getting started into RC here is a list of handy tools to have in your toolbox.

This isn't a complete tool for every single job but is a collection of tools that you'll certainly use and most of them you'll use quite a lot.

One of the neatest, cheapest tools in my box.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apex-RC-Pro...200?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33851287a8 The first time I tried these was when building a kit and needed to install a lot of ball links. It will also remove them, hold shafts without damaging them, and is just generally an all around great tool you can find many uses for. Check it out.:)
Thanks Greg I appreciate ur reply and I orEdered a set today they look like they are very useful!! Thanks again

There isn't a specific "tool kit" I'd recommend but I actually did a post on this very subject on another forum of ours. If you're getting started into RC here is a list of handy tools to have in your toolbox.

This isn't a complete tool for every single job but is a collection of tools that you'll certainly use and most of them you'll use quite a lot.
Thanks woodie

Having a good set of tools will save fasteners and make working on your rig much easier, a good quality #2 phillips and a good set of hex drivers are invaluable over the L wrenches that come with the rig when ya buy it new.....

A Main, Dynamite and others offer sets of hex drivers that are not too expensive and work well....
Those are good tool sets. Flog me dead but I have a set of Integy hex and nut drivers that have held up well. I also have a duratrax multi tool that has two sided bits in the handle that rides around in my pocket at bash sites for quick wrenching.

Those are good tool sets. Flog me dead buti just or I have a set of Integy hex and nut drivers that have held up well. I also have a duratrax multi tool that has two sided bits in the handle that rides around in my pocket at bash sites for quick wrenching.
I just ordered integy off eBay 2 days ago they look like a real good set of tools to have!

Attachments

• INtegywrenchset.jpg
    INtegywrenchset.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Integy_Allen_Hex_Wrench_Set_Metric_Size_1_5_2_0_2.jpg
    Integy_Allen_Hex_Wrench_Set_Metric_Size_1_5_2_0_2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back