Too Much Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpmikey

Hey please help me got a new 4.6 rtr and put 8 tanks tru it and it still soaks the truck w/oil. Had to put a deflector/tube on so I could stop, was soaking the brakes. Now it just soaks the wheelie bar but leaves a mess every where I set it down. Tried to lean it out but temp started to climb to 270 F so I backed it down 1/8. I got good steady smoke at top end and plenty of instant flip over backwards power. How much farther should I go with this or is it a fact of the 4.6? My OFNA Hyper .21 never had this problem in my old savvy.
Thanks all mike

I run Blue Thunder 20% sport fuel. The power was great at 270 smoke was there but it was getting dark. Will try to keep tuning and post more info. I have a Venom temp gauge hooked up at the bottom of the purple fins and top of the alummium ones. Should that work?

270 aint bad. Over 290 is when I start burning plugs and overheating the engine. I like to shot for between 240 and 280 generally. Just make sure you have good ventilation in the body.

running to rich if the truck is soaked as mentioned. Bring the LSN in close to flush, and use the main needle (HSN) to lean it in until the truck is where you want it. Keeping in mind you want to see a light trail of blue smoke which indicated lubrication.

I run Blue Thunder 20% sport fuel.

There's your problem. I ran blue thunder for a little while and had to change, to much oil and higher temps. I would recommend using up what you have and then trying something different.

I run Blue Thunder 20% sport fuel.

the blue thunder & hpi fuel (both recommended by my LHS :dunno: ) made my mill run hot & oily. switched to trinity monster (prob the best my lhs carries) and problem went away

it must be the hpi mill because my ofna didn't oil like this but i didn't have a temp probe either and tuned it to smoke i have almost 1/2 gal to run thru first. then will try trinity fuel not much selection at lhs. thanks for the help i'm just nervous its a brand new truck the old one was used and abused i want to take care of this one.

will have to update on the tuning just blew the spur gear on 7th tank

Latest posts

Members online

Back