To to this game . .Help !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne!!

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy my first RC monster truck, I'm looking at the Savage XL 5.9.
Could anyone tell me if its a good one, like do they give trouble, are parts expensive ??

Thanks in advance.

Welcome!
Not too many have the new XXL but any Savage would be a great first truck.
They are all good and have some troubles-not much-there are a lot of threads here for upgrades and such. Have a look around and if you can't find the answers you need go ahead and ask.
Parts prices can vary-depends on what they are and where you get them.

Welcome to the forum. I agree with everything Pine said. I also beleive we have a member who just got the new XL 5.9 a few days or weeks ago. If I remember who it was, I'll let him post up about it.

I like the X better myself. That 5.9 just doesn't have the topend of the 4.6. It seemed like it just lagged compared to the smaller motor. I hear the 5.9 only turns about 25,000 while the 4.6 is nearly 34,000? Either way, any savage is a good savage. :) I like my X, and it's been good to me. I'm not saying to not go with the XL at all. Huge motor, 3 speed, long chassis, wider... Can't go wrong there! :)

Let us know what you get! And welcome to the best savage forum ever! :) You can't go wrong with a savage! :)

I'm not sure about the xl but savages in general are awsome and no i was really amazed how cheap parts actually are, like for instance i have the savage x rtr and for the complete tranny its like $35 bucks on ebay so there fairly cheap and i've had a tmaxx and now the sav x and BY FAR my savage stands abuse a heck of alot better then my tmaxx did and there easy to work on as well.... and by the way welcome to the forum buddy..... there will almost always be someone here willing to help so you have come to the right place!! :cheers:

I'm not sure about the xl but savages in general are awsome and no i was really amazed how cheap parts actually are, like for instance i have the savage x rtr and for the complete tranny its like $35 bucks on ebay so there fairly cheap and i've had a tmaxx and now the sav x and BY FAR my savage stands abuse a heck of alot better then my tmaxx did and there easy to work on as well.... and by the way welcome to the forum buddy..... there will almost always be someone here willing to help so you have come to the right place!! :cheers:

Hi I'm not sure how to reply to all but thanks very much for your advise, I'm going up now to buy one and get into this new hobbie! Thanks again il chat
soon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back