tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROCKO9865

Hey every one i just turned my savage x into the xl now I'm wanting to find some good looking tires for it i don't race just bash in the dirt field and was wanting to get some ideas from every one. i like the losi claw mt tires but don't know if they are 17mm hex? also the hpi goliath tires but afraid of the weight don't want a heavy tire either. any info on what others are running would be greatly help full and also wheels that go with the tire suggestion. thanks!

so wieght is not a promblem? thats cool!! those come pre mounted with 17mm hex wheels right?

the goliaths can come with 17mm hexes but if you want light go for some badlands on dish wheels.
here is a pic so you can see front truck has badlands on ofna dish rims blue truck has badlands on bluegroove dual offsets
savagesaug8015.jpg

those pics are great very helpful but i have a dumb question what does dual offset mean? and hows the wear and tear on those bad land tires do they last?

they wear better then some tires longer lasting then the mulchers I'm told. you wouldnt want to run them on alot of pavement but in gravel they hold up very well. the dual offset rim is a reversable rim that is 0 offset on one side and 1/2" offset when you flip them around

where did you get those blue groove wheels? do you know how tall those bad lands are? think i read some wear they are 5 inches tall? think they would be a good fit for the xl got my old mgt tires for now while i was setting the 3 speed tranny. now I'm ready for some off road fun just got to find the right tire! and thanks for youre help

cool man that pic gives me a good idea how mine will look as i to converted from x to xl i also went with the 3 speed and lrp .28 also thinking of some wheel extenders from nova to make it wider.

Wider is not always better I would run standard axles with half inch offset. You could always go fuLl offset if you want even wider.

all right think i will stick with standard axles and go with 1/2 inch offset. thanks everyone you been very helpful!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back