Tires & Wheels to suit XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akiran

Hey Guys

I am looking at putting some low profile tires and rims on my savage xl. I saw a truck with traxxas talon tires and wheels that looked sweet (not sure of the model or part No)
Could anyone point me in the right direction with some options of tires and rims to suit my truck.

Cheers

For what it's worth I think that they call the talon a 38 series tire, all you would need to do is find foams and rims to fit your 17mm hexxes. Good luck

I know a lot of people run the HPI Blast Wheels with the Phaltline tires. I saw them recently and they look pretty sweet but I've never used them.

what kind of wheel combo are you looking for. like big tires small tires, heavy or light, dish wheels or beadlocks, what do you drive on

Thanks for the response guys, I drive my truck on lots of different surfaces, mainly grass.
I really like the look of the Phaltline tires, that nice low profile, and would give some more option of driving on road surfaces.
Wheels i was just looking for something that would suit the low profile tires and look sweet.
I am in Australia so I am looking at buying in the US.

Combinations, I am not sure of what is avaliable (being a newby), looking for advise from yuou guys.

Cheers

to answer the general question you can use any 17mm Max size rim and tire made. The XL does not need to run them jelly donuts it comes with. Any tire for any savage (17mm or 14 w/ hex )will bolt up and run better as far as handling goes

i don't own a xl but on my x for onroad and grass i use hotbodies baller tires which came mounted on slayer rims and i really like them,simular to the phlatlines but the slayer rims are real nice...................
!BZYqr4!BWk~$(KGrHgoOKjIEjlLmW!tGBKmeiMIB8!~~_2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a xxs and i use the the standard rims,with crime figthers i think,but i have also lowered my truck so it hardly ever rolls,and where in australia are you,

i don't own a xl but on my x for onroad and grass i use hotbodies baller tires which came mounted on slayer rims and i really like them,simular to the phlatlines but the slayer rims are real nice...................
!BZYqr4!BWk~$(KGrHgoOKjIEjlLmW!tGBKmeiMIB8!~~_2.JPG

I like those! Looks like a nice general use tire.

I like the Tremor wheels a lot but I am going to go with the Goliath tires on the black tremors wheels. There is a member here by the name of hypnotiq who has a pic of his truck in his signature. He also has a thread in the "members projects" section titled Project:Black Magic. He runs the black blast wheels with the phaltlines. They look pretty seet on his truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Tremor wheels a lot but I am going to go with the Goliath tires on the black tremors wheels. There is a member here by the name of hypnotiq who has a pic of his truck in his signature. He also has a thread in the "members projects" section titled Project:Black Magic. He runs the black blast wheels with the phaltlines. They look pretty seet on his truck.

I like the the tread patten on the Goliath, but would like a slightly lower profile tire, and cross between the Golith and the Phaltlines would be ideal.
The "Black Magic" is a sweet looking truck.
Thanks for the advice from everyone, keep it coming.
Haven't put the order in yet until I check out a few more responses.

Cheers

I run the goliaths on the tremor wheel . Had them over a year they rock. Got a pic on flickr orange and all black. Phaltlines look sweet too!

Members online

Back