Tires keep coming off!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbreddie

Whats the best way to keep the tires on the plastic rims, I have tried superglue but for some reason it doesnt seem to stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually all tire glue is, is C.A. glue which is what super glue is believe it or not, alot of people just use glue from the hardware store as long as it's C.A. adhesive it works great,but one thing tire glue gives you is a choice of thickness of glue, i used the med, its not runny but not super thick either and doesnt take to long to set

I usually take a sand paper (400) and roughen up the area of where the tire/ glue will set. Then I remove any residue on the tire with alcohol and/or brake cleaner. This prep work has proven to be a success.

Many thanks, I didnt think of sanding the rim etc first. :istupid:
You are all too clever :beforeme:

Not all "Super Glue" is CA, though. Tire glue, BTW, is CA plus a mix of rubbers that gives it a better grip on the rubber of the tires. I use Losi medium tire glue, and I've never had to re-glue. Sand the glue area, make sure to use a generous bead of glue, and I also make sure to glue along the very edge of the rim, as well as in the bead groove.

BTW, if you get done gluing your tires, and the bit you get on your fingers doesn't take skin off with it, it's not CA...

I use tire glue by proline or zap thick or medium . I take denatured alchol And wipe the tire beads to remove the flashing (comes off as a brown color) then i do the area on the rims and ruff them up glue zip tie and let it sit and never had a issue .

Latest posts

Members online

Back