Tire gluing tips please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleSix

U run nitro? I'm sorry.
One of the biggest pains is gluing tires. Wondering if there are any tips or tricks I'm missing. I always suff up the tire and rim with sandpaper and then clean with alcohol. Am I missing something? Thanks.

This is a pretty good vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVRGjCJ5Cqw

I do mine the same, apply the CA in a north-south-east-west sequence, that way I find you only really need to apply glue to four points per wheel side, less mess, sometimes I need to add a little more if the capilliary action doesn't carry the glue all the way, and allow one side to cure before doing the other side, do one side then move onto another wheel, by the time you've done four wheels on one side your first wheel you done will be cured enough to do the other side.

I remember gluing a set of tyres for the first time, was tyres for my sons 1/16 Sportwerks Chaos and the tyres were slightly too big for the rims, was a right nightmare lol

i glue em twice

first hit is the botoom of the bead to the rim, dry overnight

2nd hit is side of the bead, dry overnight.

i glue em twice

first hit is the botoom of the bead to the rim, dry overnight

2nd hit is side of the bead, dry overnight.

Sounds like a good method.

If you wanna glue some tires holla jeff i can help you glue your hands to the workbench.. lol

:lmao3:

I use a livestrong bracelet to hold the bead to the rim, works surprisingly well.

Other than that don't do in with high exceptions. What I mean is your first time prepare to not have a good looking set of tires/rim. There will most likely be glue marks on them. You just have to get the feel to it, but once you do they're not that bad.

I've never found it to be that difficult. I just use my thumb to lift the wheel a bit, let the glue run down the area of the bead that is exposed, then move along the bead in that same way until I've gone all the way around. Never had a tire come unglued. On my car, or my trucks, using AKA brand tire glue. Don't know if it really makes a difference which kind you use but I have never had a tire so much as come loose, not even in a little spot.

Members online

No members online now.
Back