Tips to maintaining the foam and tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeGuam

Nothing more aggravating than having a good tire while the foams are trashed. Couple of things causes them to go bad. Wetting the foams will add weight and eventually weaken it and decrease the service life. Just common items to watch for to alleviate headaches of driving an unbalanced wheel causing uncontrolled driving due to the tire wobbling and suspension wear.

The way my tires are setup are as follow. I either get the wheels with no holes punched or I just tape the wheel from the inside, then I take a 3mm hole punch and put the holes in the tire at the 12 and 6 o clock. These hole allow air to escape from within the tire/wheels assembly.

Some of us will not wait for the weather to clear or sometimes the track conditions are tacky and hard pack dirt which leads to this at the end of the day.
41c2e145.jpg

This is the way I clean my tire which have increased the longevity of my tires and foams. But first I wet the external of the tire, then using an air compressor to check for holes, cut or just the glue not selaing the tire to the wheel. I then take a clean cloth to wipe the area of the tire with alcohol and glue that part to seal. Once complete and dried I take a 4mm bolt to seal the 3mm holes.
d377c852.jpg

Then I start the cleaning process with soap and a brush.

60682807.jpg

Result
6a9ac6f2.jpg
s

Wipe it to near dry and remove the bolt
102345d4.jpg

You could go futher and spin the tire at a high velocity or vaccum to remove residual dirt or water

Last edited by a moderator:
Great tips Joe.
My tire weren't as dirty as yours but still dirty -
IMG_3547.jpg

I used Miracle spray to clean my dirty parts -
IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3553.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

I also have holes at 12 & 6 o'clock.
rockout

More fun but when I am paying for $50 plus for a gallon of 30% with castor oil (Japan prices are through the roof) I tend to think twice. If I did I would continue to try and finish the gallon. LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Back