Tips for new Savage X4.6?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

I haven't received the truck yet (it's in shipping right now) but from what I've read these things are quite a bit more finiky than my Traxxas Jato when it comes to tuning and break in. I'm one to always follow the procedure for break in so that I get a good long life out of my motor. Any tips from the senior members out there? Should I go by the manual or do the "professional break in" that's a sticky? Thanks.

well for warranty purposes alot say go for what the manufacturer suggests but i myself use the "heat cycle method" but if you go this way and run into engine trouble alot will use that as a "scapegoat" and wont warranty it if it wasnt broke in there way so the choice is yours. and believe it or not there really not that finnicky, break in can be a pain at times but once your all dialed in you will wonder how u ever survived without one lol

Thanks shaun...I'm still torn on which way to break it in...hopefully some people with other opinions will chime in soon

I like the heat cycle method too. I have broken in my last 4 engines that way and I will never go back to the book.
Whatever way you decide to use, heat the engine before starting and be careful not to flood it. In my experience HPI engines have always started well and been easy to tune for the most part.

Thanks OM...I like the sig pic...that's the video that helped me decide between a Savage or T-Maxx

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back