tip for your antennae on the savvy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamskii

heres something i found extends the life of my antenna straws. My car has a habit of rolling, spendingmuch time rubber up so to speak ( only cause i corner VERY fast) anyways, my antennae straws always breaking at the point where it exits the roof of the cab.

heres the quick fix. when u get a new straw, find the point where it exits the roof, and cut it off there !

yes you read right.. cut it off..

now the fix.. use about 3 inches of fuel tube ... pull it halfway down over the stalk still attached to the radio box, and the other end reinsert the remainder of the straw (with antennae inside it)..

you now have a floppy antennae that instead of folding and breaking at the cab roof.. will flex and take much punishment without any damage to the wire or the straw!!

good luck

adamskii

Another option is to drill a hole for the tube to exit out of the back of the cab or, by using a spektrum or similar radio system where the RX antenna is short enough that it doesn't need to stick out of the body.

Another option is to drill a hole for the tube to exit out of the back of the cab or, by using a spektrum or similar radio system where the RX antenna is short enough that it doesn't need to stick out of the body.

I'm looking forward to that...another bonus, is one less hole to drill in the body ;)

wow, that's just plain greedy!! save some for the rest of us...LOL I'm lookin for a good deal on a 2nd one...

Latest posts

Members online

Back